Steam or my pc please help!!!!!!

Sounds like a problem with the PC running the game. Doesn't sound like any Steam error I've heard of. If it were crashing the program I'd recommend updating drivers and DirectX, but a total PC reboot? Something's not happy there. You could try updating drivers anyway, but I think it's a bigger problem than that.

Sounds like a problem with the PC running the game. Doesn't sound like any Steam error I've heard of. If it were crashing the program I'd recommend updating drivers and DirectX, but a total PC reboot? Something's not happy there. You could try updating drivers anyway, but I think it's a bigger problem than that.

how do i update the drivers and directX and how would i do a total pc reboot ??

how do i update the drivers and directX and how would i do a total pc reboot ??

If your PC is restarting itself, then it is rebooting. That is the total PC reboot I was referring to. Different terminology, that's all. As for drivers, go to your start menu and right-click "Computer" (or "My Computer" in XP), find out what your graphics card is and go to the website of the company which makes it. They will have a download section filled with driver downloads. Find the model of your graphics card and download the driver they give to you. Then go to the DirectX webpage (on the Microsoft website somewhere, I believe) and update that. If you're on XP you need to update to the latest version of DirectX9. If you're on Vista or Windows 7 then DirectX10.

Otherwise, I would go with Matt's advice. Ring the helpline.

If your PC is restarting itself, then it is rebooting. That is the total PC reboot I was referring to. Different terminology, that's all. As for drivers, go to your start menu and right-click "Computer" (or "My Computer" in XP), find out what your graphics card is and go to the website of the company which makes it. They will have a download section filled with driver downloads. Find the model of your graphics card and download the driver they give to you. Then go to the DirectX webpage (on the Microsoft website somewhere, I believe) and update that. If you're on XP you need to update to the latest version of DirectX9. If you're on Vista or Windows 7 then DirectX10.

Otherwise, I would go with Matt's advice. Ring the helpline.

cheers will try it thanks :)

cheers will try it thanks :)

Card name: Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2772&SUBSYS_2A60103C&REV_02

Display Memory: 251 MB

Dedicated Memory: 0 MB

Shared Memory: 251 MB

Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: igdumd32.dll

Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1227 (English)

DDI Version: 9Ex

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 3/6/2007 12:24:20, 2363392 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6432-11CF-4777-6A0AA3C2CA35}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x2772

SubSys ID: 0x2A60103C

Revision ID: 0x0002

Revision ID: 0x0002

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

which graphics card would i need ?????????????

inbuilt graphics,

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng

copy and paste this, Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family ,into search box then choose graphics in box on left, will give you a list of drivers

what do i choose laptop graphics controllers, desktop graphic controllers or intel embedded graphic drivers

If you are on 32-bit Vista:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=16312&ProdId=2102〈=eng

If you're on 64-bit:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=16316&ProdId=2102〈=eng

If you don't know which then again, try right-clicking Computer in the Start menu. The line "System type" in the System category will tell you.

Archived