Lower league management flawed?

Is anyone else having trouble with the match engine in lower league games (level 9 of the english system for me)?

The game seems to be struck with an abundance of 0-0 draws and 1-0 victories with neither team managing to create any decent chances from open play.

I know some will cry "it's your tactics!" etc. but i've just gone through testing a whole bunch of other user tactics out of curiosity and results are still playing out the same.

Watching the games there is a real lack of quality chances with many strikers seeming just not as good as their opposite defenders/goalkeepers

15 games into the season and the most any team has scored is 19 goals

Realistically speaking when you look at lower league football in england you often see more goals than at the top flight due to the lower quality of defending.

:edit: I just tested a 1-4-5 formation and got absolutely batter yet still drew 1-1, things not looking too good for the match engine at this level.

I expect to see a ton of terrible passing and off target shots, personally...

you see that too, but you are missing the point, missed tackles, poor marking, defensive errors, bad position by the keepers etc. should all occur just as much but this seems not the case, as if the game engine is tilted towards the defence in some way.

It's not like i'm complaining about my team, they all have 4 or 5 stars recommended rating and we are third in our league but it's not satisfying winning 1-0 the majority of the time especially when we get a lot of them from penalties. Of out 17 goals in 19 games, 11 of them have been from the spot.

more goals, because defenders and keepers should be rubbish too, this is how it works in real life.

No it isn't:

scoring stats for level 5 football:

http://www.soccerstats.com/scoring.asp?league=england5

0-0 = 11.57% of all results

1-0 = 6.48% of all results

0-1 = 9.72% of all results:

total matches with 0 or 1 goals = 27.77%

average goals per match for level 5 = 2.5

over 2.5 goals per match = 46%

scoring stats for level 1 football:

http://www.soccerstats.com/scoring.asp?league=england

0-0 = 3.42%

1-0 = 8.55%

0-1 = 8.55%

total matches with 0 or 1 goals = 20.52%

average goals per match for level 1 = 3.03

over 2.5 goals per match = 60%

lower league --> less goals

Is anyone else having trouble with the match engine in lower league games (level 9 of the english system for me)?

The game seems to be struck with an abundance of 0-0 draws and 1-0 victories with neither team managing to create any decent chances from open play.

I know some will cry "it's your tactics!" etc. but i've just gone through testing a whole bunch of other user tactics out of curiosity and results are still playing out the same.

Watching the games there is a real lack of quality chances with many strikers seeming just not as good as their opposite defenders/goalkeepers

15 games into the season and the most any team has scored is 19 goals

Realistically speaking when you look at lower league football in england you often see more goals than at the top flight due to the lower quality of defending.

:edit: I just tested a 1-4-5 formation and got absolutely batter yet still drew 1-1, things not looking too good for the match engine at this level.

yep, this is what im finding too, its not your tactics your right its the match engine

Winning the Sussex Division 2 (level 10) by scoring 33 goals in 34 matches and 12 goals against - 19 goals from set-pieces and 14 from open play.

Id say that it is a bit odd... IRL it is scored 348 goals in about 11 rounds in this league, whilst in the game this league produced 403 goals in 34 rounds - IRL avg 31 goals per round (3.44 per game) and in game 12 goals per round(1.33).

Archived