Is this normal?

Hi all, I am currently manager of lowly St Albans and after a pretty good start to the season we are 3rd in the Blue Square South after 10 games, which after losing ‘star’ striker Paul Hakim to a broken ankle in the 83rd minute of our last friendly I’m quite pleased. Although, in our last match away to the mighty Bishops Stortford I realised I may be taking my new managerial role far too seriously. Whilst watching my team pathetically fall 3-0 down inside the first 25 minutes, I was so annoyed with the performance I found myself shouting at my computer and hurling abuse at my players. Surprisingly I managed to sustain this shouting at the players approach for the rest of the first half. Surely this kind of reaction is not normal. We did manage to salvage a 3-3 draw after a good second half performance which was probably down to a couple of substitutions and a change of formation at half time, and not my Alex Ferguson style foul mouthed ranting. So is this normal or should I be seeking some kind of psychiatric help?

I find myself often yelling at my supposed million pound players acting like a bunch of monkeys on the pitch. I mean seriously, why would you run right up to the ball and then just stand there, turn around and let the opposition take the ball from you without you ever touching it? IS THAT REALLY WHAT I PAY YOU FOR? YOU ARE SO RIDING THE BENCH NEXT MATCH YOU CLOWN!! WHAT, YOU'RE GOING TO HEAD A BALL OUT TO TOUCH FOR NO REASON WHEN YOU'RE ALL ALONE?! ARRRRRRRRRGH~!!!!!

Completely normal. As for the shouting at the screen, been there, done that. Both positively and negatively.

Have yet to punch anything, but have slammed my hand on desk in frustration.

Haven't suited up yet for a cup final but have found myself wearing a jersey, playing FM, and watching my beloved Gunners play, while simutaneously shouting at the TV and computer.

Never suppress the football manager in you.

Archived