Training facilities downgrading?

For some reason, in my second season at United, my training facilities seem to have downgraded. I decided to do a test and start up a new game and vacation through a season.

In order to determine if they were downgarding, I checked the stats in the FMRTE. When I started the game, the training facilities were a 20 however, after a season they had went down to a 19?

Surely this isn't right, and it can;t be a random bug as it done it in my career game and then repeated it in my test game

In my test game, I stayed unemployed also. ANybody else been noticing this happen to other teams?

I havent seen that before, but I would suggest its possible a bug in FMRTE reading the data, rather than the facilities getting worse. Test it out by trying to upgrade the facilities and see what the board says??

edit: mine have recently been upgraded at Liverpool, and the board "will not consider any requests to upgrade" either training or youth facilities. FMRTE shows them both at 20, so I will keep an eye on it and see what happens...

Facilities degrade over time as technology develops and what was once "state-of-the-art" is now yesterday's news. So NeilUK got it pretty much spot on there :)

Please give us an option to have more global/worldly events

"BREAKING! Global warming having an effect on temperature. Experts predict shorter winters in the next decade."

"The economic recession finally ends. Average demand for salary on the rise. "

"The Large Hadron Collider runs new test tomorrow. Those with weaker minds start to panic. "

"Seaside cities seem to lose their attraction as sea-level steadily rises."

"Local power failure led to training in dark. "

"Scientists find unlimited source of energy. Holy guacamole we don't need money any more!!"

i dont buy that realism excuse, it needs toning down. facilities degrading in just one year is not realistic, surely it takes longer than that. especially in league 1,2 where money is usually in deficit within 10 years all league 1 and 2 clubs will have minimal facilities! thats not realistic?

i was told mine degraded because my finances weren't in the black? whats the real truth?

yes that is the guess. but why is man utds also degrading within a year? people just concluded that facilities degrading every single year is realistic! somethings not realistic here right? sure if moneys tight but why is this happening to man u?

I like this feature, think it's a fantastic addition

Carrington was built in 1999/2000 I believe, so ten years would see changes. However, I hope this dosn't get out of hand...I mean finances at United are difficult, so I would hate to think that if I left the facilities that after 5-6 years they would be poor!

It has the potential to be a great feature but also a disaster!

• SI Staff

Facilities don't degrade each and every year, the rate of decay is a lot slower and depends on the level of facilities naturally. The top-of-the-class facilities are more likely to drop in rating since keeping up a state-of-the-art facilities would require constant upgrades and invesments in real life as well. However the average facilities will not decay as fast and it might take several years to see a drop with some of the more average clubs.

Golaxi, there are two ways for facilities to decay in the game. One is natural long term decay because of equipment, buildings etc. growing old and this is what I described above. This long term decay will be a lot slower for the average clubs naturally as their facilities aren't cutting edge to begin with. The other possible cause for facility downgrades in the game is finances. If the club does not have enough money to maintain their current facilities (regular servicing and maintenance) it will lead to decay. The board might also see the financial situation bad enough to not put any money into maintaining the current facilities or in the worst case scenario, they might abandon some facilities to try and cut down on long term maintenance.

Facilities don't degrade each and every year, the rate of decay is a lot slower and depends on the level of facilities naturally. The top-of-the-class facilities are more likely to drop in rating since keeping up a state-of-the-art facilities would require constant upgrades and invesments in real life as well. However the average facilities will not decay as fast and it might take several years to see a drop with some of the more average clubs.

Golaxi, there are two ways for facilities to decay in the game. One is natural long term decay because of equipment, buildings etc. growing old and this is what I described above. This long term decay will be a lot slower for the average clubs naturally as their facilities aren't cutting edge to begin with. The other possible cause for facility downgrades in the game is finances. If the club does not have enough money to maintain their current facilities (regular servicing and maintenance) it will lead to decay. The board might also see the financial situation bad enough to not put any money into maintaining the current facilities or in the worst case scenario, they might abandon some facilities to try and cut down on long term maintenance.

But it makes no sense. If a 20 training facility in 2040 is not equal to a say 30 training facility in 2010. If a state of the art facility in 2040 does not train players better than a state of the art facility in 2010 then it's just a cosmetic money eater and then facilities getting old and technology developing excuses for downgrading them makes no sense. Right?

But the attributes of players are relative. 200 CA = 'best possible in the world'. If technology and training improves, a feasible CA of 180 in 2040 - and the linked stats - may be be better than 180 in 2010, even if it can't be seen due to the relative nature of the attributes (i.e. 20 dribbling in 2040 may be a higher standard than 20 dribbling in 2010). Hope that makes sense.

Archived