Suggestion: show map of teams in the competition

Grue

Do you like this idea?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• Yes, it's great!
    • Not really...

The coordinates of stadiums/cities are already in the database. Would be neat if FM could draw a map of teams participiating in a competition. For example English Premier League -> Information -> Map. It draws outline of England, and dots for every city represented in the competition. And near each dot a list of teams in that city. Similarly with other competitions. When it's a cup, show only teams that are still remaining in the competition.

Now you may think it's a completely useless feature. But the game clearly takes into account the geographical location of your team and your opponents. You should account for long flights for example (for continental competitions, or even if you play in a large country such as Russia, USA or Indonesia). You can also easily spot all local derbies on such a map. Clearly, the possibilities are endless ;) What do you think?

There is a discussion in the LLM managers forum. To cut to the chase we beleive BSN/BSN clubs should only be allowed to scout for players in certain regions. eg. Staines Town could only scout within a certain range of the club and not Scotland or France.

We also would like which town/city a player lives in, In some ways this would enhance the game right across the entire game, as a DC living in Gateshead and very happy there would only play for NE based clubs such as Newcastle, Sunderland, Hartlepool etc. Adversely he would not like to play for say Exeter as it would be too far to travel on a daily basis. However if he were offered a hefty sum to relocate...

The map idea is a very good one and would go someway in bringing our idea on.

This would be an awesome addition when playing Super Bladesman's Level 10 db game. When playing against someone like Cockfosters, and being a stupid American, I have no idea where the hell that is. :D

Add it now!!! :thup:

(Also can the OP add a poll to this? I reckon you'll get tons of votes on this one).

This would be an awesome addition when playing Super Bladesman's Level 10 db game. When playing against someone like Cockfosters, and being a stupid American, I have no idea where the hell that is. :D

(Also can the OP add a poll to this? I reckon you'll get tons of votes on this one).

Indeed... also it would help Super Blademan more in trying to create boundaries for levels 7 to 10 more accurately.

Hi, if ur playing SB's Level 10 game, Mike Avery's site might be of interest, he has maps down to level 10 for all the current leagues

http://www.mikeavery.co.uk/Results%20and%20Tables.htm

Hi, if ur playing SB's Level 10 game, Mike Avery's site might be of interest, he has maps down to level 10 for all the current leagues

http://www.mikeavery.co.uk/Results%20and%20Tables.htm

Thank you very much phillop33, wonderfully useful maps! With SB's Level 10 game I am the happiest I have ever been playing FM, as I can manage my team, the mighty Bideford AFC.

Archived