Suggestion for international managers

Could I request an option is put into the game which will allow international managers to interact with players of another nationality who have lived in country for five years and haven't been capped?

Then maybe, like in real life, the player could maybe switch allegiances to another country.

Eg - I'm Scotland manager and Rangers have had keeper Ron Robert Zieler on the books for four seasons. Added to his time at Man Utd he is eligible for a UK passport. He's never been capped by his native Germany so it'd be great if I as Scotland boss could ask him to consider playing for me as his adopted nation.

Anyone else think this is something worth adding to the game?

I believe you have to play in Scotland for 5 years to be able to play for them and time in England doesn't count, although yes he does qualify for a passport. As a rule, EU players only apply for second nationality in the EU if they intend to play for that country, so for example Fabregas will never get a British second nationality as it is completely unnecessary.

That said, it would be nice to be able ask a player who hadn't considered taking a second nationality to think about playing for you.

The ability to call up players who have gained a new nationality is supported by the game :thup: They may accept or reject and say they are holding out for a call up from their parent country. As they get older you may find that they change their mind and will accept a call up from you :thup:

its only non eu players who ever bother with second nationality.

the non capped europeans, like german keeper zieler, never bothers. And as he has never been capped in my game it'd be nice to be able to interact with him after five years and ask him to consider taking up scottish nationality. thats what i mean.

i know brazilians etc always take up seocnd nationality but europeans don't

Archived