Save Game not loading :(

I was doing that Italian challenge posted a while back, was in my 3rd season (Serie B). Saved my game, ate some dinner and then went to re-load.

It couldn't load the game data!

So I turned off my PSP, tried again, still no joy!

So I've reverted back to a previous save now, but is this a common problem, or has anyone else had this and knows a workaround to get save files back on track?

P.S. Ciro Ginestra is quality!

Also recently brought a quality (although injury prone) young striker by the name of Mastronunzio.

I was doing that Italian challenge posted a while back, was in my 3rd season (Serie B). Saved my game, ate some dinner and then went to re-load.

It couldn't load the game data!

So I turned off my PSP, tried again, still no joy!

So I've reverted back to a previous save now, but is this a common problem, or has anyone else had this and knows a workaround to get save files back on track?

P.S. Ciro Ginestra is quality!

Also recently brought a quality (although injury prone) young striker by the name of Mastronunzio.

• SI Staff

Not a common problem at all (yours is the second report I've heard of a failure to load a game).

Can you please indicate as much information about the game as possible and also let me know what brand and size memory card you were using so we can check this inhouse just in case its anything other than a corrupted card.

Unfortunatly this happened to me to. I was in my 5th season with Burnham, got them from the conference into league 1, then when i went to load the data later on it wouldnt load, it would get stuck on the load screen. The file wasnt corrupt either so i had to delete the data and start a new game icon_frown.gif the memory stick i used is a sony high speed pro duo 1gb stick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chuz:

If you were in a rush to go eat dinner methinks u have probably accidentally turned it off mid-save, which would almost certainly corrupt it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no, there was no rush involved.

I actually saved, waited til I was back on the home screen and then... no load after!

Anyways, Marc.

I am using a official Sony High Speed Memory Stick Duo with 1GB of storage.

Had a total of 3 game saves for FMH07. This particular one was the middle.

PSP Firmware is 2.82

has happened to me twice now - once as aldershot in 2013 (was just about to get into the prem as well!!) and on my new game have way through the first season just comes up with the message "save game failed" slightly annoying!! almost threw the psp across the room but in the end settled for a soft throw into the padded sofa....

im using normal 1gb sony magic gate memory card and have auto save on..???

just following on from the last comment - my first game was saved on the original 32 mb memory card with auto save off so not sure whats going on - let me know if uploading my file would help ....im scared to play on again couldnt face a third time!!

a suggestion.... may or may not work...

start a new game up and save it straight away, connect your psp to pc and find the nw game save you've just made, delete the contents of that folder and place in it the contents of the folder of your corrupt game save...

that make sense? I've heard someone suggest similar on here but did'nt find out if it worked

cheers for the suggestions guys but unfortunately just gave it a go and it didnt work - the new saved game had all the same files as the one that doesnt work but when i transferred over it just came up as corrupt data......any other suggestions anyone??????

• 4 weeks later...

Archived