Work Permit!

I've recently signed a big money signing and he eventually arrived but without a work permit, I must not have read the confirm deal bit properly, He is 24 years old so I really don't fancy spending 3 years with him playing in Belgium to get citizenship is there any other way to get a work permit for him?

I've recently signed a big money signing and he eventually arrived but without a work permit, I must not have read the confirm deal bit properly, He is 24 years old so I really don't fancy spending 3 years with him playing in Belgium to get citizenship is there any other way to get a work permit for him?

Where is he from? if its South America then you should look to getting a feeder in Spain as the player will be eligible for dual nationality in just 2 years. One thing you should remember about players that need work permits is that even if a player is eligible for dual nationality he may not decide to take it and there is nothing you can do to persuade him.

I haven't played FM10 extensively so if the ability to persuade players that it would be in their best interests to take dual nationality has been added to the game then I apologise for misleading anyone. If it hasn't been added then perhaps this is something that can be added to the forthcoming patch SI;)

It hasn't been added. But it definitely should be. Players without EU nationality and no work permit generally take dual nationality though, unless they're stupid, in which case it's your fault for signing an idiot

Players without EU nationality and no work permit generally take dual nationality though, unless they're stupid

Haven't came across it yet in FM10 but I did have a few non-eu players say that they didn't see the point of having nationality of the feeder they were sent to. I guess they must have been the stupid players you mention.

• 4 weeks later...
Do i need a belgium club in my Team Affiliates list so i can loan them for six months and get a permit?

It will take a lot longer than six months! For Belgium it is normally 3 years. If the player you are trying to sign then I would suggest trying for a feeder in Spain. Because of the rules that Spain has it will only be 2 years before a player is eligible for dual nationality.

I tried to sign a couple of South African player, failed the work permit application and was not given the option of signing without permit. Is this right, are there different rules for geographic regions?

Im not certain about this..... But what Ive found is that I only ever got an option to sign a player without a permit if I already had a feeder club in an EU country where permits were not a problem.

If no such feeder club is in your list, you wont get that option.

This needs confirming though, Ive only been in this situation twice so far.

Im not certain about this..... But what Ive found is that I only ever got an option to sign a player without a permit if I already had a feeder club in an EU country where permits were not a problem.

If no such feeder club is in your list, you wont get that option.

This needs confirming though, Ive only been in this situation twice so far.

I am guessing in this instance my Spanish Feeder team did not fit the bill.

I tried to sign a couple of South African player, failed the work permit application and was not given the option of signing without permit. Is this right, are there different rules for geographic regions?
I am guessing in this instance my Spanish Feeder team did not fit the bill.

Ahh... You already had a spanish feeder?

In that case, I may be wrong.

Normally if you havent already got a work permit feeder in place then the transfer would fail at the appeal stage. Thats how it works for me anyway.

Could it be in my instance my feeder team already had a full quota of loans?

Nope

In your instance a Spanish feeder club was useless.

South African players take as long to get Spanish Citizenship as they would in the UK

Spanish feeder clubs for this purpose are only good for Spanish speaking nations like Argentina, in which they will get citizenship in 2 years.

In your case a Belgian club would have been better.

Archived