Why has the mentality bar gone?

So we all know that this year's FM has created an unnecesarily complicated tactics system, even though last years was superb.

So where has the mentality bar gone? Even when on 'advanced' I create all my own tactics in the advanced system, and im using an attacking tactic. However, why cant I use the mentality bar to slightly and quickly adjust? Now, if I want to change my mentality I have to change every single one of the players instructions, as the player instructions is the only bit to have the mentality bar??

It makes no sense, why on earth would you remove it, and replace it with a very limited and basic mentality strucutre 'strategy' which only gives 7 options, half of which have stupid names 'overload?', 'Control'? instead of the old much easier and more detailed mentality bar which had what 14 notches?

Ive now totally given up on tactics SI, I start off with my attacking 442 and if its working then great, if its not then oh well I just watch my team crash to defeat. Simply becuase now I cant go slightly more attacking or defensive quickly, due to the lack of mentality bar.

Surely this, combined with the huge flaws in the match engine make this one of the worst FM releases in history? The game is unplayable at the moment, and the only reason im playing it is thanks to the big Level 10 league structure database which you didnt even create!

You have to use the option 'go classic' in the drop-down menu on the tactics screen. Then you have all the old sliders back. However, then assigning roles with the new tactics creator system won't work anymore for this one tactic. You can at any time revert back by creating a new tactic using the wizard.

hth :)

Personally I'd say the tactics creator is a brilliant addition to the game, and makes things sould a lot more realistic and logical. Choosing a "control" strategy is surely a lot easier than saying "mentality 14 notches, creative freedom 17, passing style 12, width 18, etc, etc, etc."

But you still have "classic" if you don't like it.

I think the key with the tactics creator is not to be too extravagant too soon. I spent literally hours devising the perfect tactics for my team and was battered badly time and time again.

In my second save, I was more cautious. I got the players to concentrate on their basic roles and then made fine adjustments as I got to know my players. (For example even set as full back - defensive in noticed my right back pushing forward when he could, so i gave him a more attacking role and he is playing superbly)

The assitant manage feedback is awesome too. Although I keep getting told that my box to box midfielder is used to playing at a higher tempo....

Thank god. that gastly role system is truly horrific.

I'm sorry but anyone who uses the word 'gastly' when talking about football surely should be ignored. In fact you shouldn't of even been allowed to purchase the game, the shop assistant should of halted your progress in the queue, pulled you to one side and sincerely explained that this game is not for you.

I was wondering where the mentaility option was...so now I can find this in the Classic Option :). The reason I was looking forward to it is in the last 5 mins of a game I wanted all my players to play the LONG ball or DIRECT ball. I was having to adjust this in all my players one by one...rather than doing it "for all" which if i remember is done through the mentality slide? (I'm at work so cant check but think it was here where you adjust from short | Direct | Long for the team.)

So we all know that this year's FM has created an unnecesarily complicated tactics system, even though last years was superb.

I didn't know that! I could've sworn I actually quite like the new tactics system... Oh well thanks for letting me know that I think it's crap :D

I'm sorry but anyone who uses the word 'gastly' when talking about football surely should be ignored. In fact you shouldn't of even been allowed to purchase the game, the shop assistant should of halted your progress in the queue, pulled you to one side and sincerely explained that this game is not for you.

Please cut out this type of response

You might want to leave "we" out of it.

That is purely YOUR opinon.

Totally agree. WE all dont think its bad, infact i think its a breathe of fresh air. Plus its more realistic.

I do a bit of coaching myself, and when i go into a dressing room, they just dont seem to get it when i say, Mentality 16, but make sure our defensive line is 5 haha

Archived