AI appointing stupid managers and doing strange transfers

While playing a game with my favourite team "ajax amsterdam" i manage to win the CL after 5 year.

Using a My money on only big talents or 5 star scouted players i manage to only lose 1!! player in 5 years (suarez) to atletico since the chairman accepted the bid.

Some others moan they want to leave but i offer them better contracts ect ect and eventualy they stay.

I get offerd the Man U job as Ferguson leaves and i accept it.

Next with in 2 weeks Ajax sells 6 of the best players !!?? for ridiculous prices, like 7m for a 175 CA defender. they buy (i used FMRT to check) mediocore players with a max PA of 155 (imagine the rep of the club is 8500 now) obviously not the players you want if you just won the CL and they appoint the most weird managers with no expierence at all.

I decided to reroll my save game and check who gets apointed after i remove the new manager.

First they apoint Roy Makaay at 36 or 37 ??... who just retired football at 35/36.

Then davids with no expierence, then seedorf and last another low skilled unexpierenced manager.

Why is this? and why after getting champions 3 times in a row the other top teams are getting so retarted weak i can just holiday a season and stil come out with 31 wins at the end of the season?

Why does the AI plays so stupid? where's the realisim in that?

Unfortunately it has always been the case that teams you managed in FM and overperformed with a squad which exceeds the club's reputation are selling the best players as soon as you leave. :(

In part it's stupid and should be worked on, but also it's a balance thing. If no AI club would sell important players at semi-decent prices we would have no one to buy and complain even more.

Still, I agree that in your case Ajax should have been stopping to sell after two players and/or demand higher transfer fees.

i understand what hes saying. ajax shud be trying to keep building on the success that he has set. if they are going to sell top players then they shud be buying likewise. as for the managers job, anybody else think the game just seems to pick a new manager for a club at random??? harry redknapp once got man utd job on my game

i understand what hes saying. ajax shud be trying to keep building on the success that he has set. if they are going to sell top players then they shud be buying likewise. as for the managers job, anybody else think the game just seems to pick a new manager for a club at random??? harry redknapp once got man utd job on my game

it's not unrealistic. just look the ajax team from mid 90s..seedorf,davids,kluviert, de boer brothers,overmars,reiziger,bogarde..all young and great players.they could have dominated the european football for years if they stayed together. but football is bussiness, and they all got sold to bigger clubs.so....it's just the way it goes I guess..

Archived