Same ol' stupid cup draws

I'm Colchester FC:

League cup 1st round, Southend at home

JP Trophy 1st round Southend away

Same as last years FM for some reason I always get the same draws against local teams

I always found that the cup draw would make me play teams that I would be playing the same week already in another competition such as the league, so I end up playing the same team twice in a matter of days.

Yes, that occurs aswell

I thought SI were going to address this?

It seems such a strange thing to happen! Almost as if for it to happen they would've had to program it in deliberately!

If not, surely just a case of a slight tweak of some random number generator code?

I always get drawn against the toughest teams I possibly can.

For about 3 seasons in a row as AS Roma on FM08 I drew all the other big Italian teams in every round of the Italian Cup, right from the first round when I will draw Fiorentina or Lazio, followed by the likes of AC Milan, Juventus or Inter every round.

I noticed this with other teams too, playing the League Cup with Man Utd on FM10, I drew a Premier League team every round but one, when I drew Newcastle United! I had wanted to do what the big teams usually do and play some youths in games like this, but when I am consistently drawing Premier League teams it is impossible to do. It happens on almost every other occasion I can remember too.

I can understand drawing big teams, and I wouldn't complain, but when it happens every time you play a cup in every round, it becomes frustrating.

The fact is, 100,000s of people play this games. odds are not that great that you would face A. same team as team you are playing in the league same week B. same team in both cups.

If a million people play this game i would expect at least one to happen to at least 20,000-30,000 teams.

It happens in real life all the time, get over it.

Tbh I havent noticed it at all, in fact quite the opposite, I seem to get quite favourable draws in all honesty. Last seasons FA Cup (as Liverpool) i got Burton Albion, Doncaster, Ipswich, Bristol City then Arsenal and Man City. It seems pretty well balanced to me.

I'm Colchester FC:

League cup 1st round, Southend at home

JP Trophy 1st round Southend away

Same as last years FM for some reason I always get the same draws against local teams

Yeh, must be really annoying knowing that your out of the 1st round straight away!

when i was playing as west ham on fm09 i drew arsenal four cups in succession!!!! and predictably lost them all lol!

I think it is pretty random in general though, it does happen a lot in real life footy teams getting drawn against the same team, cambridge have played histon in the last three FA Trophy tournamanet!

The only thing that drives me crazy with that is drawing a big name team in the first round when I'm a small guy and suddenly my fourth round expectation is just a pinprick of light at the end of a very long tunnel instead of a reasonable goal. Especially when the fans get all in a tizzy about the loss. lol.

It gets worse,

Arsenal(FA Cup Reply)

Arsenal(League Cup)

Liverpool(Champions league)

Liverpool(League)

Bolton(League)

Liverpool)Champions League)

Thats 4th season as manchester city and i have also noticed you tend to play

Arsenal28.10

Man U 31.10

Chelsea 3.11

Stoke 8.11

Liverpool 12.11

tend to get the big clubs of that season all together which to be fair can define your season

The fact is, 100,000s of people play this games. odds are not that great that you would face A. same team as team you are playing in the league same week B. same team in both cups.

If a million people play this game i would expect at least one to happen to at least 20,000-30,000 teams.

It happens in real life all the time, get over it.

:rolleyes:

Theres always one...

This issue has been raised for the past 3 versions of FM.

Sometimes I get the same team every year in something like the League cup.

But I noticed that it's the JP trophy and L cup that it happens the most.

I always get drawn against the toughest teams I possibly can.

For about 3 seasons in a row as AS Roma on FM08 I drew all the other big Italian teams in every round of the Italian Cup, right from the first round when I will draw Fiorentina or Lazio, followed by the likes of AC Milan, Juventus or Inter every round.

I noticed this with other teams too, playing the League Cup with Man Utd on FM10, I drew a Premier League team every round but one, when I drew Newcastle United! I had wanted to do what the big teams usually do and play some youths in games like this, but when I am consistently drawing Premier League teams it is impossible to do. It happens on almost every other occasion I can remember too.

I can understand drawing big teams, and I wouldn't complain, but when it happens every time you play a cup in every round, it becomes frustrating.

I experience the same thing. Every single time. i am a English League One team, and get drawn against a top prem team without fail, Then when I lose narrowly having played a blinder, the fans are dissapointed with a the result, and would have rather have seen some ancient, unfit stiff from the reserves playing instead.

Archived