Running as Server - Internet Speed or Processor, what's more important?

Just quick question for everyone in regards to playing an online game of FM. Me and my mate always play online and last time around with 09 I ran the game as server as I have a much faster internet connection and a better machine.

However he has recently purchased a new PC and has 4 processors in it so we aren't sure who should run as server. I know that both processor and internet speed should be taken into account, just want to know what people think are more important. My laptop is pretty new and ran 09 very smoothly, for both of us playing online. And I have a 20MB internet connection whilst he has a 2MB one. I found when he ran it as server on his old machine I had a huge amount of lag, 5-10 seconds between clicking on a player and his stats coming up, so just want to make sure we get the best game possible for us both!

Cheers,

Laurie

Whichever machine can process the info best is the one you want to go for, I'm currently running a network game on FM10 with a friend with a load of leagues running and having no issues. The internet connection shouldn't matter too much as long as you both have a decent speed connection. If you're on a laptop and he's on a PC I'd make him run as the server just for the extra power his machine will give to speed the game up, it's a much faster game in general this year so you won't be waiting around much.

Archived