Oppostion instructions - assistant advice

In my first season, my ass man (Mick Jones) gave opposition instructions advice in the pre-game screen (I clicked on the tab on the screen.)

In my second season, my new ass man (Jason Dodd) doesnt give me advice, and the option "ask assistant" is greyed out.

(he is still able to give team talk advice)

Why is this?

• 1 year later...

phnompenhandy was most accurate here with his reply.

To quote my own thread in Tactics & Training Tips, based upon managing in the lower leagues:

Assistant Manager

In my opinion, the most important member of staff is the assistant manager. A good assistant manager can not only assist with advice and decisions, but if you're struggling with team-talks, opposition instructions, or need help and advice during matches with feedback, then a good assistant manager can be a great learning tool as well. Especially when you begin to think about why they make the suggestions they do.

A good assistant manager in my opinion, has strong attributes in the following:

· Motivating

· Man Management

· Tactical Knowledge

· Judging Player Ability

Motivating and Man Management are useful for team-talk suggestions. Man Management, Judging Player Ability and Tactical Knowledge are useful for opposition instructions and tactical feedback before and during matches. All four help with any other suggestions that an assistant can make, one way or the other. Other attributes can be helpful of course, but I believe that these four are the key attributes when it comes to good assistant advice and help.

Although there were quite a few assistants interested in joining the club, their wage demands were above what I could offer and thus the "best" I could find, wouldn't come. I did manage to get this chap though:

StephenLlewellyn.png

Getting decent attributes in all of those areas at this level is easier said than done. This assistant will be good enough at this level though and his overall advice and suggestions are accurate more often than not. His only real weakness is his Judging Player Ability, but I'm happy enough with my own judgement in that area.

You'll note from the image that although my assistant may not have fantastic ratings in all the "key" attributes I mentioned, he's good enough for the BSN in most of them.

When it comes to tactical advice and aid that your assistant provides, the two most important attributes are Tactical Knowledge and Judging Player Ability, in that order. In my experience, if they have either or both, but certainly Tactical Knowledge below 10, you'll likely not get any opposition instructions aid from your assistant.

To get any of the advice/suggestions to function at even a basic level, the staff member should have 10+ in the relevant and corresponding attribute.

Archived