A little riddle

I have a little riddle for you all... I'm sure it's not too hard to solve for most of you and it's actually accurate. But as an alternative to the many negative threads in this general forum I give you this:

- My home record puts me on the 15th position on the league table out of 20 teams, 3 spots above the relegation zone

- My away record puts me on the 18th position on the league table out of 20 teams, 1 spot above the relegation zone

Yet in the overall table I am 20th out of 20 teams...

How is this possible?

It could be just that the teams below you in either category are way above you in the other, e.g. you could be 1-1-5 after 7 home games and 0-2-4 after 6 away. The teams worse than you at home could be on 4-0-2 away from home thus giving 12 away points to your 6 total. I would say that it is an unusual but not impossible situation.

No trickery in terms of no matches played yet, no points deducted either (though my finances are horrible, just like irl). I'm playing with Fortuna Sittard in the Dutch 1st Division.

jackripper, dafuge and Brian Shanahan were right. The two teams right above me (19 and 18) are tearing it up by being top 10 of the league on away games, sadly... they are below me on their home games :(

A pretty freak situation I guess. Luckily it was not the end of the season yet, I still have 4 matches to play to try and stay up.

Archived