Genuine Question on one on ones.

I was wondering if there is anything I could do to help my strikers actually score one on ones?

At the moment they are missing at least 2 or 3 every game, and I feel I am being punished for creating one on one chances as I'd much prefer to see them hit it from 20-25 yards as I feel much much more confident of them scoring, no matter who the player is.

I've already complained about this in the 10.1 patch thread and numerous times in threads for FML. Outside the area, all players are dynamite - scoring 30-yard screamers at will. But once they cross that line into the area, they become ridiculously bad. It doesn't matter how good the player is at finishing or composure... nor does his reputation matter. Top players miss one on ones with just as much alarming frequency as rubbish players.

Because SI test data over hundreds of seasons, using AI generated results, I don't think that they see that normal-appearing results are in fact unbalanced in this way. The numerous one on ones/absolute sitters that are missed are balanced out by the silly number of long-range goals.

Oh well. :(

Yeah I think PPMs can really help here.

If he has high finishing, technique and composure, train him to place shots.

If he's a good dribbler with high dribbling and acceleration then train him to round the keeper.

I don't know if those attributes are the *exact* ones you'd be wanting to look for, but they make the most sense to me.

I realize it's much rarer for strikers to convert a straight one on one than having to at least take the ball past the goalie first.

If they are in a clear one on one situation, I always hope someone else picks up the rebound because they almost always shoots straight at the keeper, or take ages to shoot before being closed down. It could be my tactics but in a real game when a striker is in a one on one with the goalie, does he stop and think about the manager's tactics? Just shoot and try to score ffs..

Archived