This game is a JOKE!

Selling players is a joke.

I offer Adebayor to clubs for his Value.. noone bids.

So then.... I offer him for £0.

If Adebayor is going for £0 any club would jump at the chance of bringing him in... Yes his wages are very high but as you see time after time when your players leave they have more than likely taken a paycut.

But noone wants to buy him for nothing..

Transfers need sorting big time on this game, its such a shame everything else about the game is spot on but yet again transfer let the game down

He's on some big wages, perhaps no team wants to pay them. Either that or teams don't need him. Also, he probably won't want to move so it would be a waste of time for teams to offer... Not sure how the AI is on those sorts of factors this time around.

I have find, however, that the AI is more responsive to the players wanted bit when you're bidding for a player from another team. Example being if I bid for Torres and it comes up saying Liverpool have been looking for another defender then if I offer a defender in the deal they'll be more inclined to go for it. Naturally i'd have to pay through the teeth for such a deal but thats where I was going with it.

I can't offload Mancini, Viera, Eto'o, Quaresma or Suazo at Inter :)

I'm assuming it's simply down the wages they're on.

considering viera takes a pay cut down to 20 quid a week ill take him off your hands free, he can be the butler at fortress anfield for the up and coming premier league party i intend to have at the end of the season.

You'd think at least few top European clubs would be intrested in him.

Plus i am sure some players would take a paycut to play for Top teams or Champions league football.

I bet Robinho in real life would take a pay cut from what he's on at Man City to go and play for Barcelona...

If Adebayor was on offer for £0 in real life.. I would bet my last dollar that all the big teams would come in for him and offer him a biggish wage.

Never gonna happen in real life, fail to see why it should or would happen in the game.

People need to get over this illusion that they can get money/silly money whenever they feel like it. Look at VDV, RVN, Drenthe and Sneijder ffs, hardly a queue of people fighting over them.

Non story tbf.

There is no logical explanation for this in football terms, so people should stop finding crazy excuses.

My far fetched theory is that SI has probably implemented some kind of safety mechanism against people who try to break the game rules... Or something.

So by offering a player for nothing when he actually worths millions may not even register as an option in the transfer engine, deliberately to safeguard the game's logic.

If it wasnt for his wage i would keep him

I think you've answered your own question. The AI clearly thinks his talent does not equal his wage, and that only a bunch of nutjobs from Abu Dhabi with more money than the Vatican would splash that kind of cash on him.

Adebayour is the Terrell Owens of the premiership. Plenty of talent, just short on brains and heart. He's come off as a bit of a wackadoo lately . . .

If its an issue with wages then you'd expect clubs to make offers but the player to turn the move down as he couldn't agree terms e.g negotiations would start and end - there would be a news announcement.

If this isn't the case then there may be an isssue

How about checking the bugs forum and maybe ftping a save

No It is a bug in the game. It's triggered by the timing of your offer of the player. I have had this happen to me countless times, most often when you offer a veteran or high waged player right after the new season starts, around July 26. Most often players aged 30-32. The response is of no interest, so I take him off the xfer list, and do business with some other players, give it about a week, relist him and you get lots offers.

This also happens a few times towards the end of the transfer window regardless of age, but I think that is more due to clubs having alrdy bought what they need and therefore do not need to buy anymore.

Age and wage is also a big factor, I've bought ballack on a bosman from chelsea at 32 when he was still considered a faily good player. the following season it was impossible to offload him, i had to pay his contract out.

Yea, for all the polish they did on this year's version, the transfer system is still, for me, one of the weak links of the game. It's utterly random and nigh on impossible to offload players who should be ridiculously easy to offload.

The negotiations are still stupid as well. I've lost count of the number of times I've made an offer for a player, they negotiated, I made a new offer, and then they renegotiate to some outlandish price.

Needs more work.

Still, at least Wenger doesn't splash £17 million on Michael Owen at the start of every game this time.

I read "JOKE" in the title... and yet again, there's nothing funny.

Worse when it's emphasised.

Just let his contract run down, someone will pick him up on a free transfer evenutally..

If not, then release him for minimal compensation.

Or cheat. Use FMRTE to lower his wage then sell him and raise his wage once the transfer has been agreed.

He's on some big wages, perhaps no team wants to pay them. Either that or teams don't need him. Also, he probably won't want to move so it would be a waste of time for teams to offer... Not sure how the AI is on those sorts of factors this time around.

I have find, however, that the AI is more responsive to the players wanted bit when you're bidding for a player from another team. Example being if I bid for Torres and it comes up saying Liverpool have been looking for another defender then if I offer a defender in the deal they'll be more inclined to go for it. Naturally i'd have to pay through the teeth for such a deal but thats where I was going with it.

heh- this is the sort of thing that makes this forum a waste of time. defending the indefensible instead of admitting a problem.

I believe this is a serious issue. A very high percentage of players - no matter how good, nor what wages they are currently on - are decided to be "not viable" transfers. It also happens when offering loans, even with good players. It's bizarre.

Trust me, I've played with Crystal Palace and Spurs and both teams have problems getting rid of players - yet clearly the ones at Palace are/were not high earners!

If Adebayor was on offer for £0 in real life.. I would bet my last dollar that all the big teams would come in for him and offer him a biggish wage.

Well, there's got to be a reason why you're selling him. If he hasn't been playing and hasn't been in great form then why would people jump at the chance. If he's still on massive wages on top of that maybe clubs don't want to fund that.

Its been impossible to sell players properly since FM05. On my FM09 game, I took Staines to League One from the BSS using the exact same squad - In this time I received one bid after I offered my decent left back out.

So even though I had some really promising youngsters, who were rapidly rising through the leagues, I got not one bid. Its a joke.

Archived