Hard to sign players?

Had to start up a new game because my long term Grimsby save keeps crashing :(

I noticed on that game it seemed hard to sign players again like on FM08. At the end of the season i would go for players who's contract were expiring and they would be intrested in joining. I snaped up 2 right wingers from Arsenal and Man Utd. (They accepted the contracts before July!) But some players i would wait untill they are released at the end of their contract, so i did not have to pay compensation.

Then as soon as it hits the 1st of July, Not one player wants to sign anymore, All the players that were extremely intrested in joining are all of a sudden not intrested in signing( I found this at the end of the 1st,2nd and 3rd season, Seems players are intrested in signing before July but not after?)

I tired to sign a couple of players who were intrested in joining before, When their contract was running out in June, But now in July they are free agents and they have no intrest at Signing at all. I offered them over 1k a week and both of them went to the Confrence with Wrexham and Tamworth for less wages than what i offered. But i just thought maybe it was because i was Grimsby.

Now i just started a mess about game with Southampton with a professional footballer set as past experience.

I tried to loan Jay Rodriguez, But he went to Huddersfield instead and i know Southampton have a bigger reputation than Huddersfield. So i started again as a test, This time with an International Footballer set as past experience. Tried to loan him and once again he chose Huddersfield over Southampton.

So the 3rd time i started as Huddersfield tried to loan him and he rejected the loan offer from Huddersfield saying he as no intention of joining Huddersfield Town.

Confused with that, I really am. It seems like its hard again for the user to be able sign players again if your playing in the lower leagues.

As anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

how do you sign players when their contract is expiring?

i've come across a few players that have 6 months remaining, i dont know how to offer them a contract when i go to make offer i can only make transfer, trial, loan and enquiry.

how do you sign players when their contract is expiring?

i've come across a few players that have 6 months remaining, i dont know how to offer them a contract when i go to make offer i can only make transfer, trial, loan and enquiry.

there's usually an "approach to sign" option available, although, if both clubs are in England, then you cant do it until 30 days before their contract expires.

Archived