The FM10 Bragging, Crying, and Sharing Thread (aka Last Result Thread)

... 'cos you really, really, are only as good as your last result!

Let's give this a whirl in a manner that allows a little sharing and learning too.

For the quick and dirty, the fast and furious, the dick in and dash out brigade - let's just have your result and rant.

For the studious and strategic, the technical and tectical, lets see if we can follow a variation on a theme of the format below. I'm hoping that should help others to see who you had, who you used, how it ended, and where you're at. Oh, and you get to rant too;)

® After player name should indicate regen for clarity where people are in later years.

I'm gonna open as follows...

Date: 15/08/09

Competition: The Premiership

Opponent: Stoke City

Venue: Britannia Stadium, Stoke-On-Trent

First XI:

Pepe Reina

Sweeper Keeper (D)

Glen Johnson.... Jamie Carragher....... .Jorge Andrade......Fabio Aurelio

Full Back(Au)..........Central Defender(D)...........Limited Defender(D)........Full Back(Au)

Steven Gerrard............Javier Mascherano....

Box to Box Midfielder(S)...........Ball Winning Midfielder(D)

Yossi Benayoun................ Rafael van der Vaart................Angel Di Maria

..Winger(S)..........................Advanced Playmaker(A)................... Winger(S)

Fernando Torres

Advanced Forward(A)

Subs On: Veloso '54, Riera '54, Krivets '57

Score: Stoke City 0-3 Liverpool

'36 Stoke City 0-1 Liverpool - Torres

'57 Stoke City 0-2 Liverpool - Torres

'67 Stoke City 0-3 Liverpool - Krivets

Man of the Match: Torres @ 8.5

Reflection: Good opening game to be fair. Squad not as fit as it should be - my pre season training schedule is quite physically heavy. Andrade did well as a freebie, and Krivets came in well on the right. Torres formidable in every way. 3 points - good start.

League Position: 1st (Thanks to Arsenal doing Chelsea and Spurs edging Utd :D)

That's me done, now come share the FM-love my fellow addictee's!!!

*Credit to Mike7077 for additional template idea's

*Credit to Deisler26 for this glorious First XI layout!!!

Date: 18/08/09

Opponent: Burnley

Venue: Turf Moor, Burnley

First XI:

Pepe Reina

Sweeper Keeper (D)

Full Back(Au)..........Central Defender(D)...........Limited Defender(D)........Full Back(Au)

.......Miguel Veloso............Javier Mascherano

Box to Box Midfielder(S)... ...Ball Winning Midfielder(D)

Yossi Benayoun..................... Steven Gerrard.....................Angel Di Maria

..Winger(S)..............................Advanced Playmaker(A)......................... Winger(S)

Fernando Torres

Advanced Forward(A)

Subs On: Kuyt '57, van der Vaart '57, Lucas '57

Score: Burnley 0-2 Liverpool

'36 Burnley 0-1 Liverpool - Gerrard

'80 Burnley 0-2 Liverpool - Veloso

Man of the Match: Veloso @ 7.8

Reflection: Despite 61% possession was restricted to just 6 shots on goal by a 5 man midfield. Tough and tiring game, expected better, but a clean sheet and 3 points will do. Still waiting for several people to come back from injury.

League Position: 1st. God bless the fixture list. Spurs are the only tough game in the first 10!!

My team: Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Date: 02/09/2009

Competition: Scottish First Division

Opposition: Ayr United

Venue: Somerset Park, Ayr

Line-up:

GK: Grzegorz Szamotulski; RB: Ross Tokely; LB: Jakub Moryc; CB: Lucien Mettomo (sub 75); CB: Grant Munro ©; DM: Arnau Riera; DM: Russell Duncan; AMR: Dougie Imrie; AML: Richie Foran; AMC: Dani Sanchez (sub 90); ST: Adam Rooney (sub 75).

Subs:

Ryan Esson (GK); Lionel Djebi-Zadi; Bruno N'Gotty (on 75); Jamie Duff (on 90); Mitchel Megginson (on 75)

Ayr United 2-3 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Goals:

Dani Sanchez, 23 - Ayr United 0-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Richie Foran, 26 - Ayr United 0-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Sean Burns, 43 - Ayr United 1-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Mark Roberts, 49 - Ayr United 2-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Richie Foran, 83 - Ayr United 2-3 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Man of the Match: Richie Foran (Inverness CT)

Reflection: Not for the first time, a two-goal lead was squandered. However, unlike the first time, we were able to find an extra gear late on to seal a win that, in truth, we thoroughly deserved. Richie Foran, Dani Sanchez and Dougie Imrie were excellent in the attacking midfield positions. However, losing Lucien Mettomo to a 3-week long injury is a blow.

League Position: 3rd - Seven points from three away games and two 0-0 draws at home leave us in a solid position, two points off first place. Still undefeated, but we do need to register a home win soon.

My Team: Empoli

Date: 22/04/12

Competition: Serie A

Opponent: Napoli (H)

First XI:

Marco Storari...

Armand Traore... Nicolas Lombaerts . .Sergey Kryvtsov.....Antunes

........Full Back(D)..............Limited Defender(D).............Limited Defender(D).........Full Back(D)

Andreas Ramberg

Anchor Man(D)

Armand Traore........... Rene Krhin ..........Mika Vayrynen.........Francesco Lodi

....Winger(A)..........Ball-winning Midfielder(D).........Box-to-Box Midfielder(S)..............Winger(A)

Eder

Attacking Forward(A)

Subs On: Matteo Darmian (for Sergey Kryvtsov, 45) Andreas Ramberg® (for Mika Vayrynen, 45)

Score: 1-1 (Eder, 38)

Reflection: A good draw against 5th place (We're in 13th) We battled hard and it was a fair result all round.

League Position: 13th

Beautifully done Mike. Beautifully done. I see your formation is quite similar to mine, although I'm using 2 defensive CM's rather than actual DM's.

How are you using your AML/AMR? Mine seem a little peripheral at times unless team is told to play wider/exploit the flanks.

@ Deisler26: How did you do that? It looks awesome. So much better for sharing your setup!!

Beautifully done Mike. Beautifully done. I see your formation is quite similar to mine, although I'm using 2 defensive CM's rather than actual DM's.

How are you using your AML/AMR? Mine seem a little peripheral at times unless team is told to play wider/exploit the flanks.

Well, I generally have them set to attack. When I want to try and hold on to what I've got, I'll set them to support.

Date: 18/05/2013

Competition: Scottish cup (final)

My team: Celtic

Opponent: Dundee United (N)

First XI: Vilhena (regen GK), Peter Masilela, Royston Drenthe, Michael Jakobson ©, Sokrotis Papastothoupulos, Jakub Blaszczykowski, Ryan Babel, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Aiden McGeady, Scott Mcdonald, Kevin Kuranyi

Subs On: Boruc (due to injury to Vilhena), Jo, Thorsten Weber (regen midfielder)

Score: 0-0aet (2-4 after penalties) Jo scored, Jakobson scored, Weber missed, Kuranyi missed.

Reflection: Never again will I let an 18 year old regen take a penalty in a cup final and Kuranyi is going on the transfer list

League Position: 1st with a 3-1 win over Rangers at Ibrox

I would also like to add my voice of approval for Deisler26's layout. It looks fantastic.

I think we should adopt this as a template in the opening post, it's a nice base to work from, gonna add some of your touches too Mike, it's nice to have a big template people can take from than discourage people with a small one.

Date: 19/11/12

Competition: EPL

Opponent: West Ham (A)

First XI: Hart (GK), C Azpilicueta (DR), Santon (DL), Zapata (DC), Sakho (DC), de Jong (DM), C Fabregas (MC), S Ireland (MC), M Foster (AMC), C Tevez (ST), S Aguero (ST)

Subs On: Robinho (74 on for Aguero), G Barry (83 on for Ireland)

Score: 3-1; Tevez (5, 16, 20); A Diamanti (46)

Reflection: Saved by Tevez' hat-trick and the players relaxed afterwards and after Diamanti's goal I thought my player's were going to let the lead slip as they have done a couple times in the past

League Position: 1st

Date: 28/12/10

Comp: EPL

Me: Sunderland

Opponent: Everton (H)

First XI:

Jo

Jiminez - Di Maria

Rodwell

Cana - Cattermole

Sirl - Turner - Stearman - Isla

Gordon

Score: 1-0 [Di Maria 48]

Reflection: Tough game against similar skilled opponents as us. A good win though which moves us up to 2nd in the league, equal on points with leaders Man Utd! Was not expecting this when I started this save, 2nd season going very well :)

Date: 05/09/2009

Competition: Challenge Cup 3rd Round

Opposition: Raith Rovers

Venue: Stark's Park, Kirkcaldy

Line-up:

GK: Ryan Esson; RB: David Proctor; LB: Lionel Djebi-Zadi; CB: Bruno N'Gotty; CB: Grant Munro © (sub 70); DM: Dan Stratford (sub 45); DM: Russell Duncan; AMR: Eric Odhiambo; AML: Jonathan Hayes; AMC: Dougie Imrie; ST: Adam Rooney (sub 70).

Subs:

Grzegorz Szamotulski (GK); Jamie Duff; Arnau Riera (on 45); Ross Tokely (on 70); Mitchel Megginson (on 70).

Raith Rovers 3-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Goals:

Graham Weir, 15 - Raith Rovers 1-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Graham Weir, 37 - Raith Rovers 2-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Graham Weir, 56 - Raith Rovers 3-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Bruno N'Gotty, 75 - Raith Rovers 3-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Eric Odhiambo, 80 - Raith Rovers 3-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Man of the Match: Graham Weir (Raith)

Reflection: I decided to continue my policy of weakening my team for a competition I don't consider important. (Unfortunately, the board and the fans do.) Late fightback aside, we were dominated by a good Raith side who are currently top of the league. Anything other than a Raith win would have been an injustice. Nevertheless, we showed good spirit and, despite the three goals against, Bruno N'Gotty, at 38, had an excellent game. Eric Odhiambo also got on the scoresheet on his first appearance of the season after injury. So there were positives to take from the match.

League Position: n/a

Interesting Note: My next league match is home... to Raith Rovers. I'm hoping a full strength team (minus the crocked Lucien Mettomo) will exact revenge for this defeat and get me my first home league win of the season.

Date: 28/01/10

Competition: Ligue 1

Opponent: AS Monaco

Venue: Parc des Princes, Paris

First XI: (4-1-2-1-2) Lung Jr; Armand, Sakho, Otamendi, Ceara; Makelele ©; Clement, Sessegnon; Jadson; Hoarau, Dominguez.

Subs On: Guily '65, Sankhare '81, Baning '89

Score: Paris Saint-Germain 5 - 2 Monaco

0-1 Gakpe '12

0-2 Nimani '22

1-2 Jadson '31

2-2 Dominguez '46

3-2 Jadson '60

4-2 Jadson '71

5-2 Jadson '86

Man of the Match: Jadson 9.8 (Highest i've had in this version thus far).

Reflection: Felt like sharing this game as it was Jadson's debut - and how! I have been scraping one-goal wins and draws for much of this season, but the January additions of Alejandro Dominguez and - particularly - Jadson may just make me more lethal! Judging by this anyway.

League Position: 1st, 2 points clear of Lyon.

Date: 18/08/09

Opponent: Portsmouth

Venue: Anfield, Liverpool

First XI:

Pepe Reina

Sweeper Keeper (D)

Yossi Benayoun..................... Rafael van der Vaart.....................Angel Di Maria

..Winger(S)..............................Advanced Playmaker(A)......................... Winger(S)

Fernando Torres

Advanced Forward(A)

Subs On: Krivets '53, Kuyt '53, Riera '53

Score: Liverpool 4-0 Portsmouth

'19 Liverpool 1-0 Portsmouth - van der Vaart

'33 Liverpool 2-0 Portsmouth - Torres

'52 Liverpool 3-0 Portsmouth - van der Vaart

'71 Liverpool 4-0 Portsmouth - Benayoun

Man of the Match: van der Vaart @ 8.7

Reflection: Gerrard carrying a niggle, but barely missed as van der Vaart was devastating throughout. Hit the bar twice from circa 30 yards, but his first competitive goal for the club was a 37 yard left footed free kick from out on the right about 15 yards in..... jeez, was like an Exocet. 3 games in and already that £7.5m clause to buy him outright looks like a gimme at the end of the season.

League Position: 1st. 'nuff said.:cool:

How did you do that?! I can't figure it out.

Copy and Paste, start by quoting Deisler26 or I. Talk to Deisler it seems it took him about an hour to line it up, I gave up once I got it close. He's centred the text and then used 'hidden full stops/periods' to stretch stuff out and align it. Looks amazing tho, I'm simply quoting my last post either home or away at this point as that looks the quickest way. I'm starting to dread sharing my first Carling Cup game when I will get the kids out to play Preston - I'm gonna have to adjust the whole damn thing!

If you highlight my post with your mouse you can see all the clever little invisible dots deployed by Deisler26. I'm not sure how he did that yet tho.

Date: 28/01/10

Man of the Match: Jadson 9.8 (Highest i've had in this version thus far).

Reflection: Felt like sharing this game as it was Jadson's debut - and how! I have been scraping one-goal wins and draws for much of this season, but the January additions of Alejandro Dominguez and - particularly - Jadson may just make me more lethal! Judging by this anyway.

How much did you pay? I've just signed him from Shakhtar on a free, he's coming in January. Looks pretty good, and might allow me to drop Gerrard back more often with Jadson covering VDV.

That'll leave me free to sell either Mascherno, Lucas or Acquilani 'cos the club is haemorraging money owing to debt's from those yank git's and one of them needs to go.

Date: 12/09/2009

Opposition: Raith Rovers

Venue: Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, Inverness

Line-up:

GK: Grzegorz Szamotulski; RB: Ross Tokely; LB: Jakub Moryc; CB: Nauris Bulvitis (sub 77); CB: Grant Munro ©; DM: Arnau Riera; DM: Russell Duncan; AMR: Dougie Imrie; AML: Richie Foran; AMC: Dani Sanchez (sub 77); ST: Adam Rooney.

Subs:

Ryan Esson (GK); Eric Odhiambo (on 77); Bruno N'Gotty; Jonathan Hayes (on 77); Lionel Djebi-Zadi.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-2 Raith Rovers

Goals:

Mark Campbell, 42 - Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0-1 Raith Rovers

Robert Sloan, 71 (pen) - Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0-2 Raith Rovers

Eric Odhiambo, 83 - Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1-2 Raith Rovers

Man of the Match: Mark Campbell (Raith)

Reflection: In contrast to the cup defeat, there are no positives to take from this abject defeat, which means we are still without a home win. Raith just looked like the better side and although we created chances, we couldn't do what Raith could - stick the ball in the net. Nauris Bulvitis had a horrible debut at the back and overall I think my tactics were too negative for a home match.

League Position: 5th - must improve on that

How much did you pay? I've just signed him from Shakhtar on a free, he's coming in January. Looks pretty good, and might allow me to drop Gerrard back more often with Jadson covering VDV.

That'll leave me free to sell either Mascherno, Lucas or Acquilani 'cos the club is haemorraging money owing to debt's from those yank git's and one of them needs to go.

Well naturally I think he's terrific: His timing into the box and shooting are stunning, he is an amazing goal threat from AMC. But I would be the first to say EPL is a different level from Ligue 1. I got him on a free too. Cut above everyone in France except Lopez and Milevskiy (who Marsielle bought :( )

The formation seems a little crude to me, but it's hard to set up a 4-3-3 like that, but you get the idea :p

Team: Fiorentina

Opponent: Bari

Venue: San Nicola, Bari

Final Score: Bari 0-2 Fiorentina

Scorers: Adrian Mutu, Riccardo Montolivo

First XI:

Sebastien Frey

Sweeper Keeper (S)

Gianluca Comotto.... Dario Dainelli....... .Cesare Natali......Juan Manuel Vargas

Wing Back(S).........Central Defender(D)........Central Defender(D)........Wing Back(S)

Riccardo Montolivo..........Cristiano Zanetti..................Mark Noble

......Advanced Playmaker(A)............Ball Winning Midfielder(D)........Advanced Playmaker(S)

Marco Marchionni.........................................................................................................Adrian Mutu

..Winger(S)..........................................................................................................................Inside Forward(A)

Alberto Gilardino

Complete Forward(A)

Date: 19/09/2009

Opposition: Ross County

Venue: Victoria Park, Dingwall

Line-up:

GK: Grzegorz Szamotulski; RB: Jacek Moryc (sub 66); LB; Lionel Djebi-Zadi; CB: Bruno N'Gotty; CB: Grant Munro ©; DM: Russell Duncan; RW: Dougie Imrie (sub 59); LW: Richie Foran; AMC: Arnau Riera; ST: Dani Sanchez; ST: Eric Odhiambo (sub 59).

Subs:

Ryan Esson (GK); Adam Rooney (on 59); Jonathan Hayes (on 59); Jamie Duff; Mitchel Megginson (on 66).

Ross County 1-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Goals:

Dani Sanchez, 2 - Ross County 0-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Paul Di Giacomo, 7 - Ross County 1-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Mitchel Megginson, 73 - Ross County 1-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Man of the Match: Russell Duncan (Inverness CT)

Reflection: The scoreline failed to reflect how well Ross County played in this local derby. But the headline moment was 17 year old striker Mitchel Megginson, on loan from Aberdeen, coming off the bench to score a late winner. What a way to endear yourself to the fans! In truth, we were poor and Ross County controlled possession far too much. But we'll take the win.

League Position: 2nd - Every team above us lost, including Raith Rovers. That pushed us up from 5th to 2nd. The league is now very bunched up.

does losing the premiership title to an 86th minute goal count as a crying moment, a throw your laptop out the window moment or a murder the person closest to you moment?

Consider.... can you achieve all three? I'd certainly feel like trying :D

Date: 29/08/09

Opponent: Hull City

First XI:

Pepe Reina

Sweeper Keeper (D)

Yossi Benayoun..................... Rafael van der Vaart.....................Angel Di Maria

Fernando Torres

Advanced Forward(A)

Subs On: Krivets '74, Kuyt '74, Lucas '74

Score: Liverpool 4-0 Portsmouth

'20 Liverpool 1-0 Hull City - Di Maria

'26 Liverpool 2-0 Hull City - Veloso

'34 Liverpool 3-0 Hull City - van der Vaart

'72 Liverpool 4-0 Hull City - van der Vaart

Man of the Match: van der Vaart @ 8.7

Reflection: Four outstanding goals, and Veloso's cross swung in deep from the right and met on the volley by Di Maria was something to behold. Still going well, that said, still not played anyone yet. Gerrard still carrying a twinge dammit.:(

League Position: 1st.

Date: 12/09/09

Opponent: Tottenham Hotspur

Venue: White Hart Lane, London

First XI:

Pepe Reina

Sweeper Keeper (D)

Yossi Benayoun..................... Steven Gerrard.....................Angel Di Maria

Fernando Torres

Advanced Forward(A)

Subs On: Kyrgiakos '45, van der Vaart '45, Kuyt '59

Score: Tottenham Hotspur 2-3 Liverpool

'09 Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Liverpool - Keane

'33 Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Liverpool - Torres

'55 Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool - van der Vaart

'69 Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Liverpool - van der Vaart

'90 Tottenham Hotspur 2-3 Liverpool - Crouch

Man of the Match: van der Vaart @ 8.6

Reflection: Ok, so first tough game and a very tight affair. Andrade picked up an injury just before HT, and Veloso looked shattered at 74% so had to make changes. Dropped Gerrard back and popped VDV in the hole again which worked rather well. Felt a little aggrieved when Crouch larrupped a 25 yarder in on the turn a minute into injury time as was looking good at 3-1 up, but have to accept that the scoreline reflected the shared possession and chances. VDV on fire.

League Position: 1st, but finally conceded.

Date: 16/09/09

Competition: UEFA Champions League

Opponent: Sporting Clube de Portugal

Venue: Estadio Jose Alvalade Seculo XXI, Lisbon.

First XI:

Pepe Reina

Sweeper Keeper (D)

Glen Johnson.... Jamie Carragher....... .Miguel Veloso ......Fabio Aurelio

.......Lucas..................Javier Mascherano

Dirk Kuyt....................... Rafael van der Vaart.....................Albert Riera

..Winger(S)..............................Advanced Playmaker(A)............................ Winger(S)..

Fernando Torres

Advanced Forward(A)

Subs On: Gerrard '60, Di Maria '60, Benayoun '64

Score: Sporting CP 0-6 Liverpool

'06 Sporting CP 0-1 Liverpool - van der Vaart

'13 Sporting CP 0-2 Liverpool - Veloso

'43 Sporting CP 0-3 Liverpool - Torres

'45 Sporting CP 0-4 Liverpool - Carragher

'74 Sporting CP 0-5 Liverpool - Torres

'78 Sporting CP 0-6 Liverpool - Di Maria

Man of the Match: Torres @ 8.7

Reflection: Didn't think I'd be having to pop Veloso in as emergency CB on his return to his former club but all worked out disgustingly well. 9 Shots, 6 on target. Sporting not a sniff. 59% possession. No touchline shouts used here, the team simply took it's time, held the ball well, and took it's chances. Seems my tactics need a tweak tho, not everyone is gonna let me walk round with the ball for 90 minutes looking for the immaculate through ball. Normally I'd be making things more direct after the first 20 minutes, but with 2 goals on the board thought I'd leave it a little longer - a good idea it seems.

League Position: 1st Group H

My team: Empoli

Date: 29/04/12

Opponent: Chievo Verona

Venue: Carlo Castellani, Empoli

First XI:

Marco Storari...

Armand Traore... Nicolas Lombaerts . .Sergey Kryvtsov.....Matteo Darmian

.....Full Back(D).........Limited Defender(D).............Limited Defender(D).........Full Back(D)......

Andreas Ramberg

Anchor Man(D)

Johan Absalonen........... Davidson ..........Mika Vayrynen.........Francesco Lodi

....Winger(A)............Ball-winning Midfielder(D)...Box-to-Box Midfielder(S)..........Winger(A)

David Di Gennaro

Attacking Forward(A)

Subs On: None

Score: Empoli 1-0 Chievo Verona

Goals: '17 Empoli 1-0 Chievo Verona - Di Gennaro

Man of the Match: Di Gennaro @ 7.4

Reflection: A good result against a team we've struggled with in the last two seasons, no matter where they're placed. It's put us in a decent position for the last two games of the season too.

League Position: 13th (4 points behind Sampdoria)

1st match of season with my Valencia against Barcelona.

Main Left Back out for whole season.

----------------Moya----------------

Miguel---Andrade--Marchena--Del Horno

---------Makelele----Baraja----------

-------------------------------------

Joaquin-----Silva--------Mata-------

------------Villa--------------------

Struggling for whole match but Villa scored in 83rd min and i won it 1-0!!:D:D

Date: 23/09/09

Competition: Carling Cup 3R

Opponent: Preston North End

Venue: Deepdale, Preston

First XI:

Diego Cavalieri

Sweeper Keeper (D)

Juliano Belletti......... Martin Skrtel ....... .Sotiris Kyrgiakos......Emiliano Insua

Sergey Krivets....................Lucas

Box to Box Midfielder(S)........Ball Winning Midfielder(D)

Dirk Kuyt........................... Daniel Pacheco.........................Albert Riera

..Winger(S)..............................Trequartista (A)......................... Winger(S)....

Fernando Torres

Advanced Forward(A)

Subs On: Kelly '55, Benayoun '56, Pepper '81

Score: Preston NE 0-2 Liverpool

'79 Preston NE 0-1 Liverpool - Riera

'92 Preston NE 0-2 Liverpool - Torres

Man of the Match: Riera @ 7.6

Reflection: I can't remember the last time FM gave me smaller team in the cup. I always seem to get one of the big four in the Carling Cup 3rd round, so whilst Preston was an improvement, I'd have prefered someone to play my kids against. The club is so skint I can't afford to risk much, so played the subs bench and a couple of decent reserves. Tight game, but 2-0 will do. Torres seems to be untouchable in every game, even at the last as you expect him to not score he pop's up in the 92nd.

League Position: N/A

Date: 12/09/09

Opponent: Bolton Wanderers

First XI:

Pepe Reina

Glen Johnson.... Jamie Carragher....... .Martin Skrtel......Emiliano Insua

Full Back(Au)..........Central Defender(D)...........Central Defender(D)........Full Back(Au)

Yossi Benayoun.... Javier Mascherano....... .Steven Gerrard......Andrea Dossena

Winger(A)..........Ball-Winning Midfielder(D)...........Box-To-Box Midfielder(S)........Winger(A)

Fernando Torres.................. Dirk Kuyt

Poacher(A).......................Target Man(A)

Subs On: Pepper '70

Score: Liverpool 5-1 Bolton Wanderers

'12 Liverpool 1-0 Bolton Wanderers - Kuyt

'15 Liverpool 2-0 Bolton Wanderers - Kuyt

'43 Liverpool 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Kuyt

'45 Liverpool 4-0 Bolton Wanderers - Jaaskelainen [OG]

'54 Liverpool 5-0 Bolton Wanderers - Torres

'69 Liverpool 5-1 Bolton Wanderers - Klasnic

Man of the Match: Kuyt @ 9.4

Reflection: Erm, yay? :D Oh, and Torres/Kuyt are really tough to line up in this template. :p

Suze getting in on the act!

And Dossena on the left wing? What about Riera? Or an amoeba?

Riera was unfit, and... Amoeba? *blinks*

Edit: Typical really, thought you were referring to some hidden new signing that Liverpool have made. It's like something out of The Fast Show. :D

Riera was unfit, and... Amoeba? *blinks*

Edit: Typical really, thought you were referring to some hidden new signing that Liverpool have made. It's like something out of The Fast Show. :D

Hehe. No. I was making a reference to Dossena's general crappiness by suggesting an amoeba would be more effective. It now occurs to me that "amoeba" looks a lot like Ameobi. I think there might be something in that.

Team: Arsenal

Date: 15/08/09

Opponent: Birmingham City

Venue: St Andrews, Birmingham

First XI:

Manuel Almunia

Keeper (D)

Bacary Sagna.... William Gallas.......... .Thomas Vermaelen....Gael Clichy

Wing Back(A)..........Central Defender©..............Central Defender(S).............Wing Back(A)

Miguel Veloso............Cesc Fabregas....

Deep Lying PM(D)..............Deep Lying PM(S)

Robin Van Persie.......... Rafael van der Vaart................Andrey Arshavin

..Inside Forward(A)..........................Trequartista(A)......................... Inside Forward(A)

Nicklas Bendtner

Target Man(A)

Subs On: Walcott, Vela, Traore

Score: Birmingham 1-0 Arsenal

91 mins: Kevin Phillips (Pen)

Man of the Match: Steven Carr @ 7.5

Reflection: Devastated to lose this...dominated the match from first to last, and should have put away 2 or 3 by the end, then in the very last minute of the game Gallas gives away a penalty :(

Will definitely look towards at making changes, but nothing drastic, pre-season was promising, so maybe it was just one of those matches :(

League Position: 14th (First game of the season)

Team Rangers

Date: 4/12/2010

Competition: Scottish Premier League

Opponent: St. Mirren

Venue: Ibrox, Glasgow

Attendance: 57,364

First XI:

Alan McGregor

Alan Hutton.... Julio Caceres....... .Andriy Rusol......Mariano Pernia

Steven Naismith.... Steven Davis....... .Kevin Thomson......Nacer Barazite

John Fleck.................. Bogdan Stancu

Subs On: Broadfoot '50 on for Rusol (injured)

Score: Rangers 9-0 St. Mirren

'12 Rangers 1-0 St. Mirren - Naismith

'24 Rangers 2-0 St. Mirren - Fleck

'29 Rangers 3-0 St. Mirren - Stancu

'33 Rangers 4-0 St. Mirren - Stancu

'45 Rangers 5-0 St. Mirren - Stancu

'61 Rangers 6-0 St. Mirren - Davis

'75 Rangers 7-0 St. Mirren - Fleck

'80 Rangers 8-0 St. Mirren - Fleck

'89 Rangers 9-0 St. Mirren - Davis

Man of the Match: Fleck @ 9.6

Reflection: What a match, Fleck was only playing because Boyd broke a toe the previous game, 18 shots, 14 on target, 9 goals... compared to 2, 1 and 0 from St. Mirren. Possibly the easiest SPL game ive had.

Hehe. No. I was making a reference to Dossena's general crappiness by suggesting an amoeba would be more effective. It now occurs to me that "amoeba" looks a lot like Ameobi. I think there might be something in that.

:D

Dossena isn't too bad on the left wing, but he's not great or anything. Needs must, and all that.

Date: 23/09/2009

Competition: Scottish League Cup

Opposition: Celtic

Venue: Celtic Park, Glasgow

Line-up:

GK: Grzegorz Szamotulski; RB: Jacek Moryc; LB: Lionel Djebi-Zadi; CB: Lucien Mettomo; CB: Grant Munro ©; DM: Russell Duncan (sub 82); MC: Arnau Riera; MC: Dani Sanchez (sub 72); AMR: Dougie Imrie; AML: Richie Foran; ST: Eric Odhiambo (sub 54).

Subs:

Ryan Esson (GK); Adam Rooney (on 72); Bruno N'Gotty; Stuart Golabek (on 54); Jonathan Hayes (on 82)

Celtic 2-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Goals:

Scott Brown, 6 - Celtic 1-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Barry Robson, 32 (pen) - Celtic 2-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Sent off: Grant Munro (Inverness CT), 53; Marc-Antoine Fortune (Celtic), 88; Scott McDonald (Celtic) ,90+1.

Man of the Match: Scott Brown (Celtic)

Reflection: We were set a target of reaching the 3rd round, and we did. So I'm happy enough. As for the match, I expected a battering, but it was a different story. Possession was very even (51%-49% in their favour) and we actually had more shots on target. In the second half we looked the more dangerous as Celtic seemed to sit back and take what they had. The only difference between the two sides was in the final third, where they had a greater cutting edge.

League Position: n/a

Archived