Why is Steam updating my game?

I'm playing FM since release date, purchased it on Steam. I just started the game and now Steam is updating my game - it's already been patched, I played it yesterday, I'm always online. Is there a patch or something or is Steam going crazy?

There were loads of threads about this yesterday, but I'm not aware of a reason for it updating. There's been no official announcement about nother patch (unless I missed it) so I would assume its something to do with Steam itself.

No way. I've had Steam client updates and I know how they look...at the end you usually get the message that Steam has updated and asks you to restart Steam. This time I started FM and on my games tab the message was that FM is being updated.

I got this too -- I've had numerous Steam client updates before (been using Steam since Empire Total War came out months ago), but this last update specifically said it was updating FM 2010. I was thinking maybe the Steam skin had been released, but forgot to check the available skins in the game.

my steam just updated now and i clicked on update news and it told me what it was updating for,...

"Updates to Football Manager 2010 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.

Quote: "The major changes include:

Football Manager 2010

Fixed DirectX installation issue that could prevent the game from running" Quote

everytime theres a update click on update news on the left side ....

this is crazy i don't have time for this update!

Whats your internet connection speed? How long do you normally get to play FM for?

The steam updates (not the patches) take less than 30 seconds - 5 minutes to finish unless there is something seriously wrong your end.

Archived