Jimmy floyd Hasselbaink gk coach????

When i went to backroom advice they said i should sign Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink as a goalkeeping coach, i did so and his GK stats are really poor. I know he was a stiker before anyone says that but why would he retire then turn into a gk coach?? :confused:

Prime example of why you should look into who you are being told to sign and what position. It was probably based on reputation alone.

But he may have become a goalkeeping coach because strikers know how a keeper should act in certain situations in order to prevent them scoring, its not uncommon.

Prime example of why you should look into who you are being told to sign and what position. It was probably based on reputation alone.

But he may have become a goalkeeping coach because strikers know how a keeper should act in certain situations in order to prevent them scoring, its not uncommon.

I believe Alan Shearer was a Goalie before he turned into a striker. He was reported to say that being a GK helped him when he played up front as he had an idea on how a GK would think and react in certain situations....so maybe this could work the other way? Not sure though...

I was soo shocked i thought sod it lets see what happens, i knew what his stats were before signing him i was just confussed why a gk coach. But i guess your explanation makes a little sense :thup:

I think i will sack the one that game me that great bit of advice :D

And dont forget to sack the goalkeeping coach who cant coach gk's ;)

But seriously mate from my experience of the game anyway I wouldn't take much notice of the staff suggestions by your backroom staff. usually the people they suggest are rubbish. I'd look for my own staff if i were you :)

And dont forget to sack the goalkeeping coach who cant coach gk's ;)

But seriously mate from my experience of the game anyway I wouldn't take much notice of the staff suggestions by your backroom staff. usually the people they suggest are rubbish. I'd look for my own staff if i were you :)

I know that i have my own staff, guess i just need to get rid of some of the crap ones i start off with.

Diego maradona was a defender to start with before he became professional, pele says in his book that he rates himself as a very good goalkeeper :)

This is good to know, i didnt realise so many players that were not goalkeepers turn out to be gk coaches. I just thought it was a little bit unrealistic but that i guess has proven me wrong. :)

I had this before, during a backroom meeting they suggested staff i should sign, So i did. Then in another backroom meeting they recomended i sign this youth coach. I clicked on him and to my suprise his working with youngsters was 3!!!

I never checked before and most of the staff i signed before had wrong attributes to what i had signed them for. Never sign anyone they recomend to me now. lol

Theres quite a few outfield players that are goalies, from a quick skim through:

Alen Boksic (Croatia)

Tony Cottee

Steve Harkness (I think he was a defender wasnt he?)

Ken Monkou (Southampton defender!)

Nuno Valente (!)

Trevor Sinclair

Tony Cottee? But he's only about 3'5" is he not?

Archived