FM 2010... my two cents

I shall start by saying that I've been playing whole Manager series since CM2 and I love this game of course, however when I see the latest release and same "bugs" again it just gets on my nerves:

Old problems

Finances - seriously, who is responsible for calculating these ??? Do you pple watch TV/read newspapers/etc? How can you give Barcelona 15 mln and 30 mln in balance for example? Haven't you read Laporta saying that they may purchase Robinho for 35mln during the winter transfer window? What about Man City, how many times have they said that they are willing to spend as much as needed to get world stars? And yet you give them 60 mln and 90 mln balanse, this is ridicolous, they have spend about 150 mln pre-season and may spend same during the winter. All Italian clubs seem to have a finance crisis having like 10 mln in balanse, that makes me laugh especially when Inter and Juve could spend enormous sums on new players (Diego, Milito, Motta, etc.)

Press conferences - this is boring as hell, seriously, when I send assistant my players' morale drops so I have to attend them my self, how many questions are there that repeat themselves all the time, ten? Why do I even need a press conference before a cup match against some 3rd league club?

Transfers - again it seems that the values of players have nothing to do with reality, offering 120 mln for Fabregas and being rejected? Do you know any club that would reject such offer? I don't. Same goes for some backup players that while joinining you they suddenly demand a key role with cosmic wages etc.

New problems

3d Match - it seems to me that something is wrong here, 90% of actions looks like this: quick pass between my defenders, they turn away moving slowly to ball while opponent striker runs through and goes 1 by 1 with my GK while the defenders are only watchin from the distance, I have plenty fo such situations every match doesnt matter who I play against.

Player stats - Can some1 explain to me why Daniel Alves, which is probably the best right defender in the world, has crossing like 14? If he has 14, who has 20??? Who did that? When I checked Barca squad according to stats it seems that players such as Puyol, Pique, Milito are some decent players... I thought they won 3 trophies last year? Oo

Tactic creator - I have used the creator to create my tactic, boy I was surprised when I saw them in action: every defensive corner kick looked the same: 2 defenders standing by posts while their striker is standing alone in the middle of penalty area, that made me laugh I must say. What about offsides? Where can I turn them on/off ?

Staff advices - What do I need advice like" we have better shooting than the other team"for, so what? does it mean I should encourage more long shots? What does it have to do with the team?

Any1 else noticed these "bugs" or meybe some1 can explain these to me in a sensible way ? I will obviously play this game anyway but just wanted to let my frustration out :)

Dude, you can't just give Man City a stupid some of money.

That wouldn't be the right thing to do, I feel SI have absolutely hit it right on how much to give Man City. Any less and it would see a bit unrealistic, and anymore and it would ruin the game beyond belief!

:

Press conferences - this is boring as hell, seriously, when I send assistant my players' morale drops so I have to attend them my self, how many questions are there that repeat themselves all the time, ten? Why do I even need a press conference before a cup match against some 3rd league club?

Agree to this part.... I just send the ass. manager.... i dont see my player morale dropping to much though... but agree it is boring.

Dude, you can't just give Man City a stupid some of money.

That wouldn't be the right thing to do, I feel SI have absolutely hit it right on how much to give Man City. Any less and it would see a bit unrealistic, and anymore and it would ruin the game beyond belief!

But if they do have £120-150m in the summer then they should do the same in the game...as thats realistic. What should happen though...is that not everyone will go to Man City...regardless of money. Didn;t they offer £100m for Kaka...but he turned it down?? (Milan accepted the fee...but the player was not interested.) As long as SI keep this part of the game realistic then they can still give City £150m to spend.

Staff advices - What do I need advice like" we have better shooting than the other team"for, so what? does it mean I should encourage more long shots? What does it have to do with the team?

I agree about the staff advice.

I'm starting to want to fire my staff because I'm sick of the stupid advice.

"Team X score most of their goals between the 60th and 75th minutes."

So what? Should I go to a defensive strategy for 15 minutes in the middle of the match regardless, just to avoid them scoring between these minutes?

"Assistant Manager Y is concerned that we tend to get complacent against lower reputation teams" .... and then a tactics button, which just takes you to your tactics screen where you can do nothing to make your players avoid complacency against lower rep teams. :confused:

"We seem to struggle againt a 3-3-2-2 formation" ...well, it's lucky that nobody ever plays that formation against me, isn't it?

"Team Z seem to struggle against a 4-5-1 formation" ...What, so I should change from the 4-4-2 formation that has me on a 10-game winning streak because of this?

Transfers - again it seems that the values of players have nothing to do with reality, offering 120 mln for Fabregas and being rejected? Do you know any club that would reject such offer? I don't. Same goes for some backup players that while joinining you they suddenly demand a key role with cosmic wages etc.

Tactic creator - I have used the creator to create my tactic, boy I was surprised when I saw them in action: every defensive corner kick looked the same: 2 defenders standing by posts while their striker is standing alone in the middle of penalty area, that made me laugh I must say. What about offsides? Where can I turn them on/off ?

Agree with all of this. press conferences are BORING. Staff advices are generally useless... we have more flair than our opponents. so what?

I agree about the staff advice.

"Assistant Manager Y is concerned that we tend to get complacent against lower reputation teams" .... and then a tactics button, which just takes you to your tactics screen where you can do nothing to make your players avoid complacency against lower rep teams. :confused:

?

Ha ha yeah agree.... i was hunting around thinking "where do I change this in my tactics screen then" ...does anyone know? :D

Old problems

Finances - seriously, who is responsible for calculating these ??? Do you pple watch TV/read newspapers/etc? How can you give Barcelona 15 mln and 30 mln in balance for example? Haven't you read Laporta saying that they may purchase Robinho for 35mln during the winter transfer window? What about Man City, how many times have they said that they are willing to spend as much as needed to get world stars? And yet you give them 60 mln and 90 mln balanse, this is ridicolous, they have spend about 150 mln pre-season and may spend same during the winter. All Italian clubs seem to have a finance crisis having like 10 mln in balanse, that makes me laugh especially when Inter and Juve could spend enormous sums on new players (Diego, Milito, Motta, etc.)

I'm fairly certain that Man City probably get Cash injections prior to nearly every transfer window. Just because the club's owner is extraordinarily rich, it doesn't mean he has all of his money invested into the club in one go.

Italian football is in financial crisis, Juventus/Inter are only able to spend the kind of money they are due to the chairmen "Loaning" money to buy players.

And Barcelona maybe ready to buy Robinho for 35m, but it doesn't mean they have that in the bank either.

Transfers don't dictate the wealth of a club.

New problems

Tactic creator - I have used the creator to create my tactic, boy I was surprised when I saw them in action: every defensive corner kick looked the same: 2 defenders standing by posts while their striker is standing alone in the middle of penalty area, that made me laugh I must say.

Try looking into your tactics at set-pieces in more depth, as if you have 2 players set as wingers and 2 strikers, its most likely you're leaving 4 players on the half way line defending corners, which will leave space for opposition attackers :thup:

And Finally:

What about offsides? Where can I turn them on/off ?

Can you turn offsides on/off? Is that what you're asking? Why would you want to do that?

I'd like there to be an option in the "board requests" section that allows you to alter your seasonal expectations (and therefore the transfer funds and wages allowed) at any point in the season, like you can with the "Wages<->Transfer Funds" slider.

If my expectations are "avoid relegation" and I'm in a Euro Cup qualifying position by January 1st, I'd like to be able to go to the board and say "look, guys, we're doing much better than expected but we haven't the players to continue this form til the end of the season, so increase my expectations to 'Euro quali' and slap me a few extra quid for some new players".

I'm fairly certain that Man City probably get Cash injections prior to nearly every transfer window. Just because the club's owner is extraordinarily rich, it doesn't mean he has all of his money invested into the club in one go.

Italian football is in financial crisis, Juventus/Inter are only able to spend the kind of money they are due to the chairmen "Loaning" money to buy players.

And Barcelona maybe ready to buy Robinho for 35m, but it doesn't mean they have that in the bank either.

Transfers don't dictate the wealth of a club.

Try looking into your tactics at set-pieces in more depth, as if you have 2 players set as wingers and 2 strikers, its most likely you're leaving 4 players on the half way line defending corners, which will leave space for opposition attackers :thup:

And Finally:

Can you turn offsides on/off? Is that what you're asking? Why would you want to do that?

What I meant was offside traps of course, my bad :)

I have just lost 2 stupid goals against some 3rd league club in spanish cup due to same bug:

pass between my defenders, striker runs to the ball while my defenders only watch him running and he is 1 by 1 with the GK, this sux, I have set my DC as defensive, closing down on own half only and yet they just stand and watch, I think it has sth to do with the acceleration, need to buy faster defenders to confirm that tho.

About the City transfer funds: I don't think you are right, it meybe true that the club does not have such funds at its disposal from the start but we all know that they can get any money whenever they want, wouldn't it be fair to have let's say at least 150 mln for transfer and like 500 mln in balance? I know it sounds crazy but that's what City is doing atm, even with such funds you probably couldnt buy the world class players due to club reputation so there is no risk of getting world top eleven in 1 season or sth.

Toucline Instructions - I don't even understand 80% of them, any1 can explain what do they mean and what actually happens if I choose one?

It's explained pretty well in the tactics forum, and most people including me love this featue.

Archived