What do you mean "Okay" ?????

I've just beaten Arsenal 9-8 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in the league cup. Now, i'm Leeds in first season (League One for anyone who's not clear!) and i've checked my confidence after the game and the fans reaction was "Okay", which is the same reaction I got to a 0-0 draw with Wycombe.

Surely the fans would be absolutely elated at knocking out a potential European Cup winning team ? It wasn't even a poor Arsenal team either, they played full strength.

I was outplayed for most of the match, but defended brilliantly, most of Arsenals shots were long and off target.

I don't want to complain, but this can't be hard to get right. It's taken the shine off the victory to be honest.

I've just beaten Arsenal 9-8 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in the league cup. Now, i'm Leeds in first season (League One for anyone who's not clear!) and i've checked my confidence after the game and the fans reaction was "Okay", which is the same reaction I got to a 0-0 draw with Wycombe.

Surely the fans would be absolutely elated at knocking out a potential European Cup winning team ? It wasn't even a poor Arsenal team either, they played full strength.

I was outplayed for most of the match, but defended brilliantly, most of Arsenals shots were long and off target.

I don't want to complain, but this can't be hard to get right. It's taken the shine off the victory to be honest.

Completely understand, not on the same level but as Ashton United i beat Port Vale a massive win for them and the said 'OKAY' to.

Maybe something to me looked at by SI?

I agree mate.

I got to the semi final of the Carling cup, to bravely lose 2-0 vs Man City where I played fantastic.

The fans were "devastated" and "unhappy" with the loss, and all my players morale dropped to very poor.

I struggled for the rest of the season, and up until that point I was playing fantastic too.

Getting to the semi final as a coca cola team should be a big achievement and morale shouldnt drop and fans should be very happy at the effort not "okay" or "dissapointed".

This is a strange one and its happened to me many times, your fans are only okay because it went to penalties if you had of won in normal time there would have been elated but i have no idea why :confused:

At least it's not just me then.

I think the media / fan / board interaction and confidence is certainly an area that requires a bit of tweaking from SI's for next year.

Maybe someone from SI could explain how the conclusion of "Okay" was reached ? At least then we might understand what triggers it.

Archived