Lower League Amazing Strikeforce?

I just won both League 2 and 1 consecutively with Notts Co, while on League 2 Akinbiyi and Mifsud had a pretty easy march towards the top of the goalscorers chart, on the second season, i was very excited when i was able to acquire Djiby Fall from Moscow and Franco di Santo from Chelsea on loan (with possibility to buy him for 5 mil euros after promotion).

Unavoidably, the two topped the goalscoring charts on league 2, and my AssMan and scouts claimed they were both good for most EPL sides. So i guess it's one of the most amazing strike partnerships for lower leagues.

What do you think? What about you, had any such partnerships you were simply very excited about?

djibyfall.jpg

disanto.jpg

This just goes to show that strikers score too many goals.

Yup sure does what i have noticed is depending on your tactics your strikers score loads and midfielders less or your strikers sacrifice some goals for your midfeilders rather annoying to be honest.

For instance if all your strikers are on attack setting and midfielders are on support, the attackers score hats-full whilst the midfeilders score the odd one or two. But if you swap the on striker to support and the midfield say in the 'Lampard role'(Sorry for player naming kind of) where in they get forward alot and are the moving link between attack and midfield then the midfielder in the 'Lamps role' score more, seems correct yes?

But theres not balance between the two, so it's an unrealistic 40 goals a season for both strikers and 5ish for your 'Lampard' OR an unrealistic 25 goals for one striker, 10ish for the other and then 25 for one midfielder and hardly any assists.

Maybe something to be looked at again?

I disagree with that statement actually. If, by any miracle, Franco Di Santo did actually play League 2 level football I honestly beleive that he would score 40+ goals a season. The standard of defence and goalkeeps in that division is generally poor.

Points from this thread:

1.Franco di Santo played this on League 1.

2.My "Lampard" kind of player, Gael Kakuta scored 16 goals too this season.

3.I have no idea if Strikers really do score a lot of goals, but i can tell you these two players would score 40+ any day in real life if they were paired in League 1. I mean they are perfect, both are very quick, tall, strong, excellent finishers and headers, it can't get any better than that. To add to that, they're probably a class or two more than the rest of my team, not to mention the rest of the league.

I used both of them as Target men, switching with each other nonstop.

Goalkeeper - Normal

DL & DR - Wingbacks (Support)

DC - Central Defender (Defend)

DC - Ball-Playing Defender (Defend)

DMC - Defensive Mid or Anchorman (Defend)

ML & MR - Winger/Defensive Winger (support)

AMC - Advanced Playmaker (Support)

ST - The real team Target Man (Support)

ST - Target Man instructions but is not considered a target man to the team (Attack)

I've put the option for the strikers to swap with each other during the match, because both are perfect at it(Height, Strength, Pace, Finishing, Heading, Composure), so they confuse the defenses.

What are Reunion Players?

Reunion is a 'county' that you can load at the start of the game to get the players from there in your game. Essentially they're French.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9union_national_football_team

Main things is, most of 'em will come to very low league clubs in England (even Level 10 clubs)

Damn. I've already said too much :D

I dont really agree with that statement. i have just finshed my 1st season with Glasgow rangers and both my strikers and Midfielders seemed to score about the amount of goals i would have expected of them. Actually they probably scored less than expected but that was mainly due to my tactics at the begining.

E.G.

Kris boyd scored 20 goals in 36 games. Considering he is rated as possibly the best striker in the SPL at the moment he should probably have scored more.

All my other strikers were simila rratios as well.

Can anyone tell me when two players from the same club have ever scored over 40 goals in one season irl in the English League? While this evidence from Notts Co isn't proof of anything, I have seen a screenshot from a user in the GP&TG who had Rooney scoring 35 goals in 13 games. And no, I haven't got that the wrong way round. In my game an ancient Jan Koller scored 13 goals in his first 7 Bundesliga games for Frieburg including a hat-trick against Bayern Munich.

SI testers are saying that they feel that strikers are scoring slightly too many goals. I'm laid up with flu at the moment so have some time on my hands to conduct some research on how slightly askew goal ratios really are over the weekend when I finish my season. I have England, Italy, Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Scotland and the Netherlands' top divisions all on full detail so a nice little range to conduct a good, thorough experiment - better than idle speculation anyway.

Just to add to my last post - I think it is perfectly feasible to create a tactic where goals are shared around. I think a 4-2-3-1 with wingers cutting inside creates chances for the lone striker and the 5 midfielders (depending on how adventurous the midfielders settings are of course). For example I have a season with Man Utd where I have 22 different goalscorers with no-one hitting 30+ yet with only a few games left which I like.

It is the AI results which I feel sometimes unrealistically produces too many goals from strikers as there is a lack of experimentation in tactics - I suspect AI managers never instruct wide players to cut inside for instance. It can become tiresome seeing Agbonlahor score his 5th hatrick of the season in December when Ashley Young and James Milner are both sitting on a goal each in an AI set-up. But, as I say, I'll do the research and try and avoid the idle speculation.

Archived