Annoying bug about Sale Value

I'm in the year 2023 and want to buy someone whose sale value is 19.75 million pounds (I actually checked in FM Genie Scout). I'm managing Liverpool.

Anyway, i didn't put in a bid for the player at the time but noticed Arsenal and some other clubs did.

The bid was accepted (in this case by Juventus).

a few days go by and I decide to put in a 19.75 million bid but it gets rejected. I then go into FM Genie Scout and notice the sale value has soared to 107 million pounds.

So basically, Juventus accepted the 19.75 million bids from others (especially Arsenal who have now got him), but rejected mine because of the fact the AI looks at the Sale Value.

That's quite annoying and I feel should be looked at (apologies if this has been mentioned before).

Not sure if its a given.

But i'm referring specifically to my example where the Sale Value has increased post a bid being accepted.

I cannot match the bid with the same amount because the AI looks at the Sale Value.

Originally posted by postal postie:

is it a given that the team will accept the 'sale price' set out in fm genie scout?

From my experience with FM06's version of Genie, which I used for variable P.A testing, (the thread has been purged now icon_frown.gif - had a lot of great info on C.A/P.A on it) - Genie shows 2 values. Player Value, and Player Sale value. Player sale value is the asking price that the team will accept.

For the Human controlled team(s), it looks like this

Player Player Value Player Sale Value

Player A £12,757,452 -[code]

Genie shows, to the pound, the actual value of the player, but the Player sale value was left blank until the human manager put in what he would see as an acceptable vlaue for the player (an Asking price, basically).

With the AI, it was the same, except the Asking price was already filled in, and that IS the amount they would accept (maybe a few percent lower) as a straight cash deal. I found that offering deals with clauses rose the value wanted by the club, but the figure in Genie remained the same. (So the figure in Genie, was for a whole cash sum, and not with any clauses).

I also found that once a player had a bid from an AI team, or even had an enquiry from an AI team, this Asking Price rose, usually considerably. This isn't too far away from real life, as supply and demand kicks in, causing bidding wars for players.

But surely in real life if I match a bid that's been accepted i can talk to the team (assuming of course the team isn't a rival of mine).

I am Liverpool putting in a bid for a Juventus player.

Juventus accepted the 19.75m bid from Arsenal

I made the same bid a day later. My bid was rejected.

You can have a poor relationship with a club/manager whether they are a rival or not and whether they play in your league or not.

I had a terrible relationship with Armin Veh at VFB Stuttgart when I was Bayern Munich manager, I then moved to Spurs and then Barcelona, 4 years down the line and he would still never accept any of my offers. Tough on him though, because he got sacked and I replaced him icon_biggrin.gif

This has nothing to do with the variables you're referring to.

My point stands, Sale Value increased between the time Arsenal bid for him and the time I bid for him.

That is something that needs to be looked at for FM09.

i've not used the Genie, but i've always noticed this. i might bid the value suggested by my scouts report, then another club bid less than me and the bid is accepted while mine is stalled on. there are even times when other similar AI bids are rejected, improved then accepted, but my improved bids aren't.

as far as the timing of the increase, i suppose it could be argued that when the players club saw a sharp increase in interest after your bid, they tried to get more money from the other AI clubs by hiking the price. this is annoying, i hope SI take out the "they've got money, lets squeeze some more out of them" policy with AI transfers.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

You can have a poor relationship with a club/manager whether they are a rival or not and whether they play in your league or not.

I had a terrible relationship with Armin Veh at VFB Stuttgart when I was Bayern Munich manager, I then moved to Spurs and then Barcelona, 4 years down the line and he would still never accept any of my offers. Tough on him though, because he got sacked and I replaced him icon_biggrin.gif

Armin Veh hahaha he hates me too!

How a manager feels about you does play a part in whether a club accept a bid or not. I struggle to buy players from Armin veh, Martin O'Neil and Sol Campbell, but Roberto Mancini loves me!

I had a 20 million bid for diego accepted, he wanted to go, but then Arsenal went in with a lower bid, it was rejected, Diego then rejected me (after offering more than he wanted) and when I re-bid, they would only accept 70 million.

Originally posted by DietSpam:

I think it makes sense.

If i was selling something for $100 (stupid american keyboard) to someone and someone else came in, i'd want more money. Or else what's the point?

Give me more money and i'll sell it to you kind of thing.

wanting more and getting more are two different things. if teams enquired for my £5M rated striker and he's performaing above that standard, i'd hike the price to match his importance to my team and current form, taking into account reluctance to sell. even if i ask for his current value of £5M, usually the interest by the AI would be withdrawn. this is annoying when the interested teams are bigger, richer clubs.

when bidding for an AI player however, this doesn't balance out. i might enquire for a neglected £7M rated player and get asked for something stupid like £15M. reluctance to sell to a rival is one thing, but a player who isn't valued enough by an AI team to be involved in the 1st team should be more easily attainable from AI teams.

its even more annoying when a £350K AI player gets a £5M price tag, including 45% next transfer fee clause, yet it gets hiked up again with clauses after i agreed to their demands after an enquiry. then i withdraw the bid, bid £2.5M and the AI team accept the offer as too good to refuse.

NepentheZ has some valualbe research there. You can see the changes instantly in FMM.

I checked on Torres' sale price and put in a bid - but not straight cash (player exchange I think). The bid was rejected and when I immediately checked FMM his sale price had quadrupled to over £100M.

I don't accept that it's a bug, but it's certainly interesting to note the AI's logic.

Archived