Player having domestic issues

I have a player with my current Middlesbrough save who said that he was having domestic issues so I sent him on a leave of absence for a month, he then came back and said that he was over his issues and looking forward to playing for the club...the very next day he said he had domestic issues again so again I sent him on leave and he came back saying he was better...then again the next day he said he had issues again...so I released him on a free :).

Anyone else had this? I though it was odd that one day he said he is happy and then the very next he has issues again.

In keeping with the forum tradition of pointing out one singular historical event in an attempt to justify the game's foibles, may I refer y'all to the strange case of Mr David Unsworth.

Moved from Everton to West Ham in 1997 (for £3m), his missus (a dyed-in-the-wool Mickey Mouser) got homesick virtually the day they moved to Essex. After a season at the Boleyn, Rhino moved on to Villa (presumably to be closer to home) before being sold back to Everton a month later as Birmingham was clearly still too far away from Liverpool for Mrs Unsworth.

Dunno if he's still with her but if so I imagine she had an apoplectic fit over his move to Portsmouth...

Archived