FM2010 Crashes on New Game

I installed the game, downloaded and saved the patch to my FM2010 folder (and had to rename the patch to .exe to get it to work) and installed patch 10.1, started a new game (after selecting the leagues) and when the new game is loading it crashes.

I uninstalled and did the process again with the same error.

I tried starting with one league only and still got the error.

I did notice that althought th game is 10.1, the database is 10.0.0 does this matter?

I have crash dumps (well when the error came up it said it saved them), but I am not very technical so not sure if they help or not or how to access them.

The error is 10.1.0f84702.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Unistalled it again, and re-installed it with no patch, same error.

When installing from dvd, are you meant to put the cd key or anything like that in the install? Because it didn't ask me for that information which is the first time I've come across this in a game.

just with dvd.

I may have figured it out. After seeing other people with editor issues, I decided to explore around there.

I added a player, and added his nickname, but not his first or last names. I think this was the problem behind the game not starting.

The game has just finished loading the new game now that I have added first and last names to the new player.

Archived