Why this player is better than mine?

Hi!

Somebody please tell me why my staff telling me that David Luiz is far better(by one star)

than my Papadopulous.

and i have many players which are better from assistent's view.

(btw i've tryed several assistents and scouts)

they have almost equal attributes.

please see screenshots and help me understand it.

luizl.png

papado.png

overview.png

attributes.png

Yeah, as kev says, he is marginally better in a lot of key areas. What you have to remember as well is, that hidden attributes are also judged here. Now, while you can't ever know these exactly, the scout reports often give a good indication.

For example :

David Luiz : "would add to the professional nature of the squad"

Papadop : "believe you have a professional group of players, and papadop is finding it hard to fit in"

this tells you, right away, that Luiz "professionalism" hidden attribute, is very high, and Papadop's is very low. You would always pick a professional player, over an unprofessional player, especially when they are so close in the revealed attributes.

They both have the "Fairly consistent" quote in the reports too, so thats good. It means they will both play consistently to their ability.

Luiz also has the "Right foot" to papadops "Right Only" footedness. This can be key, when making clearances, trying to play passes etc, and has a massive impact on attribute weight distribution.

It also appears, that Papadop is playing to his max PA at the moment. And Luiz isn't. Even though Luiz is 29, if his PA is 175 and he's only playing at 125 right now, those extra 50 points could make him a much better player. Taking EVERYTHING into consideration, Luiz is a better player than papadop, hence the reason he is 4* to papas 3*

Thanks.

So I should value assistant's advice more than my evaluation of player. right?

btw does it worth to pay 20m for Luiz instead of my player?

and should I send scout to watch for 3 matches on Luiz to properly evaluate him?

(he was reported from scout assignment already)

Yep, very similar players, a lot of it would be going on reputation as well as hidden attributes. If anything, I'd actually say you're better off with papa than Luiz due to the age difference.... But thats just me, I'd rather have someone that may make a couple of errors while he's younger and keep him for 10 years than buy someone not much better for a lot of money that I may only get 3-5 good years out of.

They are of a similar calibre, but looking at things like anticipation, Luiz is way, way better. I've found that often mental stats are way more important than worrying about 1 or 2 points in the technical attributes section. Two choices:

Defender #1 with tackling of 14 and anticipation of 17

Defender #2 with tackling 15 and anticipation of 10

Defender #1 gets my vote.

And reputation is also a big factor, but I see someone has already covered it.

Hidden attributes aren't judged, because they don't contribute toward the CA in any way.

Luiz is better because he's marginally better in certain key areas (jumping, acceleration, tackling, heading) but just as importantly, because he's got a much better weaker foot, which is quite a highly weighted attribute in itself.

Still, I wouldn't be paying E20m to sign him.

Hidden attributes aren't judged, because they don't contribute toward the CA in any way.

Luiz is better because he's marginally better in certain key areas (jumping, acceleration, tackling, heading) but just as importantly, because he's got a much better weaker foot, which is quite a highly weighted attribute in itself.

Still, I wouldn't be paying E20m to sign him.

Yeah, having a stronger weaker foot makes a big difference. For example, If you have two players of the same CA/PA, one who can play on either foot and one who is totally one footed, the one footed player would have a lot better stats when you look at their profile, but the two footed player would actually be much better.

I reckon if David Luiz was, like Papadopoulos, listed as right foot only, his stats would probably be one or two points higher than they are now, and therefore a fair bit better than Papadopoulos'.

Depending on what their weaker foot ratings are (Papadopoulos is between 1-7, Luiz between 8-15), there's probably about a 10-20 point difference between them in CA, in Luiz's favour.

I'm pretty sure you could find a DC of his quality for less than E20m, though, especially if you're patient.

Thanks.

So I should value assistant's advice more than my evaluation of player. right?

btw does it worth to pay 20m for Luiz instead of my player?

and should I send scout to watch for 3 matches on Luiz to properly evaluate him?

(he was reported from scout assignment already)

Don't always take the assistants advice over your own evaluation, just use what he has to help further your opinion on the player. And it wouldn't be worth 20m for Luiz, either. I would definitely scout him for 3 matches though, as the coach report will eventually reveal a little bit more.

Archived