help needed urgently!! PLEASE!!!

Having bought fm2010 i immediately set to work on transforming the fortunes of my beloved club (who will remain nameless). Everything was fine to start with as i quickly got to grips with the new features and layout (had the previous 4 versions on football manager), then my problem flared up! When i watch the match ive always preferred to do so in the classic

2D view with the speed set between midway and maximum, however after a few games no matter what speed i set the bar at the match would play really really slow, and i also had problems trying to access the touchline instructions, match controls and other icons when the game is in progress. I am completely useless when it comes to computers but having had no problems with any other version of the game i wonder why i am with this one. It looks as though my laptop ( acer aspire 5520 ) meets the game requirements so as you can imagine it leaves me very frustrated at not being able to play. Can anyone please suggest/recommend anything that i can do, any help would be greatly appreciated

Having bought fm2010 i immediately set to work on transforming the fortunes of my beloved club (who will remain nameless). Everything was fine to start with as i quickly got to grips with the new features and layout (had the previous 4 versions on football manager), then my problem flared up! When i watch the match ive always preferred to do so in the classic

2D view with the speed set between midway and maximum, however after a few games no matter what speed i set the bar at the match would play really really slow, and i also had problems trying to access the touchline instructions, match controls and other icons when the game is in progress. I am completely useless when it comes to computers but having had no problems with any other version of the game i wonder why i am with this one. It looks as though my laptop ( acer aspire 5520 ) meets the game requirements so as you can imagine it leaves me very frustrated at not being able to play. Can anyone please suggest/recommend anything that i can do, any help would be greatly appreciated

How many leagues did you installed on your laptop? Additionally, did you used small, medium, large or custom DB?

One thing that I noticed from FM 09 vs. FM 10, that if you installed the same number of leagues in FM 09 as you did in FM 10, FM 10 the game will process at slow pace than FM 09.

ive tried disable the 3d match settings and it doesnt seem to do anything, the match begins to play at a reasonable pace and i start to think its sorted, then all of a sudden it goes really slow and i cant access the touchline instructions or any other icons when the game is in progress. I have noticed when ive bein messing around with the preferences there is a tab labelled DETAIL STATUS. Upon clicking on these settings there appears a graph showing the processors with a yellow and red bar which rise and fall, as mentioned before im no computer whizz but is this somthing to do with it? could it be a fault on the game? My mate also has FM2010 so was going to try his disc in my laptop

If your laptop has a duel core processor enabling threading in preferences may help, I'm not that great on the workings of computers myself and am only really going by what I've read people suggest for others having similar problems to yourself....if enabling threading has no effect, I'm afraid the only other solution I can think of would be to start a new game with less playable leagues loaded.

What other stuff have you got running at the same time as fm? Here is some things you can try that might help.

1.Click start then run and in the box type msconfig. When this loads select startup and disable anything that you really dont need and this will stop them from being run at startup. Remember to reboot!

2. If you have an anti-virus scanner running set it up so that it ignores any folders that fm uses.

3. Download and install game booster. Start it before you start FM. This will stop all the stuff that windows doesn't really need to work successfully but loads anyway. http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Archived