Anyone Else Think You Should Be Able To Work Yourself Up Into a Club "Legends"

May be quite hard to implement, but I think it'd be cool if a player had the opportunity to become a club legend. Obviously you'd have to do something spectacular, like get a team 3 promotions or take a mid-table club to Champions League glory or manage there for 20 consecutive seasons or something, but you could work your way up through Favoured Personnel and Club Icon for lesser achievements. I just think it'd be cool to see my name in a club's Legends or Icons section. :p

It could also be done on how much you increase the club's reputation, say you increase it by a certain amount that could be worth of Legend status for lower league clubs.

Also, one smaller really picky suggestion, maybe you could put the names of Derby matches in news items, so whenever Arsenal play Spurs for example the news is a 2-1 thriller in the North London Derby between Arsenal and Tottenham, or fans expecting tight game in North London Derby etc. Really picky I know, but I think it'd look good.

On FM07 I managed Chelski for 11 seasons, winning 9 titles, 8 FA Cups, 4 Carling Cups, 4 Champions League and 4 Super Cups.

Yet not a club legend :( Surely thats enough LOL!

I'm in the Chelsea favoured personell in the 1st season when I won the champs league.

Really? I didn't realise you could get into it. On FM 09 I took Bristol City into the Premier League and won 3 league titles and 1 Champions League with them and still wasn't worthy of Favoured Personnel. Maybe it's a new feature for FM10.

I'm in the Chelsea favoured personell in the 1st season when I won the champs league.
Really? I didn't realise you could get into it. On FM 09 I took Bristol City into the Premier League and won 3 league titles and 1 Champions League with them and still wasn't worthy of Favoured Personnel. Maybe it's a new feature for FM10.

Was always a big problem with older FM's but I'm hoping it's been sorted out now. bucket's post gives me hope :thup:

I won the A-league finals series in my second year and became a favoured personnel. Next year came runner up and then on the fourth year won the whole shibang, minor premiers, finals series, all awards went to my team, lock stock the f-ing lot. Still only favoured personnel. But robbie fowler was there for 2 seasons, only playing in one and became a club legend. Mean while I had signed christian vieri in the second year and he damn near killed the league. Does my club honour him? Not even a foot note. Oh and asian champions league quarters twice, and yet to play the champs qualified for from the fourth year.

I won the A-league finals series in my second year and became a favoured personnel. Next year came runner up and then on the fourth year won the whole shibang, minor premiers, finals series, all awards went to my team, lock stock the f-ing lot. Still only favoured personnel. But robbie fowler was there for 2 seasons, only playing in one and became a club legend. Mean while I had signed christian vieri in the second year and he damn near killed the league. Does my club honour him? Not even a foot note. Oh and asian champions league quarters twice, and yet to play the champs qualified for from the fourth year.

Yeah, I have no diea how players work there way into these things, but it seems to be random, David McGoldrick once got in Club Legends for Southampton on FM09 for me for once scoring 15 goals in a season and getting an average rating of about 7.07, hardly spectacular.

Yet, in another save with Bristol City, Alex Teixiera, broke the all-time club goals record, the most goals in a season record, won club player of the season 4 times, and came 3rd in World Player of the Year, yet was still only worthy of Favoured Personell.

From what I've seen it's improved a little on FM10 though, so far the 2 players who have got in Favoured Personnel on my Leeds save have been my 2 players of the season for the 2 seasons I've played, which is fair enough.

Never made favoured personnel on 09 despite a majority of league titles from 2015 to 2032 (13, and 7 CL's plus many more finals) for Ipswich. No player got beyond that despite there being quite a few who were a major part of the team for a decade or more during the glory years (a couple doing 16 years). Admitedly legend or icon status is more then simply how good a player was, which is mostly what the game has to go on.

thtas dissapointing for me because i won the epl with liverpool in the first season and didn't get on their favoured personnel list and the epl to liverpool is like the CL to chelsea.

If you win a second time I reckon you'll get in there, certainly if you add a CL to your EPL win.

I definitely read somewhere that SI have made it easier this year to become favoured personnel and then move up to club legend etc.

Nice to hear. I'm currently in the Championship play-offs with Leeds in my 3rd season, maybe if I win them I will make Favoured Personnel, as getting 2 promotions in 3 years is surely worthy of this?

i'm pretty sure that in fm09 it was impossible as a human player to go beyond the first tier of a club's favourite personnel (so no becoming an icon)

It wasn't if you took a very small club to become CL winners. There's been a few screenshots.

Was very irregular though. Winning the Prem 2 years in a row with Chelsea made Jose a legend and should be similar for a human manager.

Totally agree, on 08 I took Merthyr Tydfil to the premier league doing dafuges challenge, and nothing! And on 09 I won the Slovenian league title 8 consecutive times, and made it out of the group stages of the UCL twice with NK Olimpija Bezigrad (randomly selected Slovenian 2nd division team) and once again nothing. Meanwhile all kinds of average players were beloved. rather depressing

But then they'd not won the English league title since 1955? If Wolves suddenly win the title this year I'm sure McCarthy would also be a 'legend'.

Agreed, it should be based on the club's reputation when you take over there, and how far you advance the reputation, or other achievement, so for example:

(Obviously there should be exceptions so a manager can't take over 2 games from the end of the season, then take the other manager's credit, they have to have been there at least one whole season when they achieve one of these)

For a Human Player to Become a Legend they have to do one of:

* Win 3 or more Champions Leagues at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win 7 or more Premier League titles at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win the Champions League with a team who's reputation is 7500 or below when taking over.

* Win the Premier League with a team who's reputation is 6500 or below when taking over.

* Win the FA Cup with a team who's reputation is 5000 or below when taking over.

* Win the FA Trophy with a team who's reputation is 1000 or below when taking over.

* Take a team up 3 tiers of the league ladder (e.g. League Two to Premiership/Conference to Championship/ Conference North/South to League One)

* Increase a teams reputation by 4000 points or more.

For a Human Player to Become an Icon they have to do one of:

* Win 2 Champions Leagues at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win 4-6 Premier League titles at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win the Champions League with a team who's reputation is 7501-8750 when taking over.

* Win the Premier League with a team who's reputation is 6501-7500 when taking over.

* Win the FA Cup with a team who's reputation is 5001-6500 when taking over.

* Win the League Cup with a team who's reputation is 4000 or below when taking over.

* Win the FA Trophy with a team who's reputation is 1001-1250 when taking over.

* Take a team up 2 tiers of the league ladder (e.g. League one to Premiership/League Two to Championship/Conference to League One/Conference North/South to League Two)

For a Human Player to Become a Favoured Personnel they have to do one of:

* Win the Champions Leagues at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win 2-3 Premier League titles at one club of any reputation when you take over

* Win the FA Cup with a team who's reputation is 6501-7000 when taking over.

* Win the FA Trophy with a team who's reputation is 1251-1400 when taking over.

* Win the League Cup with a team who's reputation is 4001-4500 when taking over.

Yeah, it should be based on reputation, as someone else said, if a club the size of Sunderland win the Premier League Bruce is going to go down as a West Ham legend.

Also, you seem to have to win PLs and CLs to get into it, it doesn't seem to work very well for lower league clubs, if you take a team up 3 tiers that is definitely worthy of Legend status.

On FM08 I played with Fiorentina and Christian Vieri banged in 4 goals in his first game against Inter to give us a 4-2 win and made it onto the favoured personnel, so I think it can be down to what they do against rival teams for specific players, one great performance and they're set.

and yet I won 4 consecutive Serie A titles with Roma, plus the Italian Cup twice, and the Champions League once, and was nowhere even near.

I'm loving that new born child comment. Brilliant addition by SI there.

I think the best one is if they name a new stadium after you, not had it yet but I'd love that. Especially if I left then came back to beat them with another team at the stadium named after me mwuahahahaha!

Archived