Ridiculous transfer decisions by AI

Opps

Has anyone else found that getting there man is ridiculously easy?

I have been able to do some non-sensical deals.

David silva for Lucas and Fabio Aurelio is a good example.

Admittedly, Valencia were interested in both Lucas and Aurelio, but a straight swap deal for a £35m player with two players worth maybe £15m max is a bit unlikely.

Also, Luis Suarez for £2.5m and N Gog.

Is it just me or is that ridiculous?

Admittedly, Valencia were interested in both Lucas and Aurelio, but a straight swap deal for a £35m player with two players worth maybe £15m max is a bit unlikely.

I'm certainly playing this game wrong because I'm never able to set up deals like this :(

TBF, Madrid were heavily linked with Lennon for quite a while last season.

Thats not so bad, as they always pay the market value of Lennon, whereas the deals I have mentioned are not at market value. They are well below.

barcelona signed lennon on my save

somehow i always find weird to see players from the region Uk n Ireland sign outside of that region. Not because of player value, attributes, etcetera, but with so much money in England u would think they would rather play near home.

Besides Madrid and Barcelona they always seem to go for south americans and players with similar type of football.

Beckham and Woodgate, aside others in the past are the exception. Really talent players from that region don't get signed outside of it.

In FM08 i was coaching in France, and Lyon and Marseille signed 2 english players each. Which was weird and it would be weird today.

somehow i always find weird to see players from the region Uk n Ireland sign outside of that region. Not because of player value, attributes, etcetera, but with so much money in England u would think they would rather play near home.

Besides Madrid and Barcelona they always seem to go for south americans and players with similar type of football.

Beckham and Woodgate, aside others in the past are the exception. Really talent players from that region don't get signed outside of it.

In FM08 i was coaching in France, and Lyon and Marseille signed 2 english players each. Which was weird and it would be weird today.

I've always felt like that.

thats true you don't see many english players move outside the region because theres so much money and football at all different levels. Its weird though because spanish players are everywhere only overshadowed in world football by the amount of brazilians and argentinians.

So far in my game as Celtic manager I've managed to get Ronaldinho, Deco, Stankovic, Caicedo, Jo and Babel...and mostly on frees or for very low prices, the most surprising being Ryan Babel who had been released by Liverpool and Caicedo and Jo were both frees as there contracts were expiring within 6 months!

Same here, straight after the world cup for £18m

I don't see why buying Lennon is a ridiclous move by the A.I? I'm playing as Spurs and he constantly runs rings around any LB he plays, gets 20 assists in the prem a season and averages 7.25 in 2 and a bit seasons so far and does have some poor stats but for me he has

Pace 17

Acceleration 18

Agility 16

Balance 16

Dribbling 18

Crossing 15

First Touch 15

Passing 14

Technique 16

Creativity 15

Decisions 15

Flair 15

Off theball 14

Work rate 14

don't see how thats a ridiclous decision?

I mean Chelsea just brought Yoan Gouffran (not Yoann Gourcuff) for just under 20 million and hasn't done anything for them, by that standard Lennon is worth at least double for me

Man U have signed Almunia (free) and Reo-Coker, Man City let Robinho's contract expire n released him.. there's a few strange ones happening... I could have sworn Ashley Cole went to spurs, but apparently it was Newcastle... Must have been looking at Joe Cole instead lol

I don't see why buying Lennon is a ridiclous move by the A.I? I'm playing as Spurs and he constantly runs rings around any LB he plays, gets 20 assists in the prem a season and averages 7.25 in 2 and a bit seasons so far and does have some poor stats but for me he has

Pace 17

Acceleration 18

Agility 16

Balance 16

Dribbling 18

Crossing 15

First Touch 15

Passing 14

Technique 16

Creativity 15

Decisions 15

Flair 15

Off theball 14

Work rate 14

don't see how thats a ridiclous decision?

I mean Chelsea just brought Yoan Gouffran (not Yoann Gourcuff) for just under 20 million and hasn't done anything for them, by that standard Lennon is worth at least double for me

Its not its just weird to see an english player move overseas and it was particularly frustrating because i tried to sign him for liverpool and while i was negotiating an offer for lennon barcelona swooped in had their first offer accepted and he signed with them while i was still negotiating with tottenham.

this whole thread makes me laugh. Of course it's not "realistic". If it were, most people wouldn't play the game because they like to start as their favourite team and completely replace the current squad with their favourite players from around the world.

You can't sign Villa for Liverpool (who IRL has shown no interest in going there) and then be surprised when someone else signs someone that you feel would never go to that club or for that money. It's a game.

Some people play with what they get and maybe sign the odd player here and there but I reckon 80% (at least) don't so if SI made transfers more realistic would they lose that market share?

this whole thread makes me laugh. Of course it's not "realistic". If it were, most people wouldn't play the game because they like to start as their favourite team and completely replace the current squad with their favourite players from around the world.

You can't sign Villa for Liverpool (who IRL has shown no interest in going there) and then be surprised when someone else signs someone that you feel would never go to that club or for that money. It's a game.

Some people play with what they get and maybe sign the odd player here and there but I reckon 80% (at least) don't so if SI made transfers more realistic would they lose that market share?

Real Madrid sign ronaldo, benzema, kaka, alonso etc one summer. the next (in my save) they sign james milner, hargreaves, carvahlo and other minor players. To me thats a little stupid. The should be chasing fabregas and other star players

Huddlestone = The english alonso (but not as good as alonso)

Good passer, not that mobile and would pass to Gerrard all day. Unlike that waste of space Lucas who takes 20 touches to control it and by the time he looks up Gerrard is marked.

So yeah i think Huddlestone would be a good signing too!

Dont worry you think you're transfers look crazy, I am using Super Bladesman level 7 to level 10 database update which basically activates unplayable leagues and cups, I was able to sign Jansen, Horsfield and Dickov on Free Transfers then signed them on an Amateur contracts. This for level 10 Stone Dominoes! Ok the players arn't the big names they used to be, but to join a Level 10 club is incredible!

In my game Chelsea signed Welliton from Spartak, and he ended up the top goalscorer in the Premier League and had average rating 8.28 over 24 appearances. Surprisingly in the next transfer window I found that Chelsea transfer listed him and set him to "Not needed by the club". I was thinking that maybe he requested the transfer for some reason, but no, in his Personal tab it says "Determined to prove his worth to the club". What the hell, AI?

I bid £100 odd million for Messi because he was unhappy Barca sold Pique. They rejected, but the next day they came back and offered him to me for £35m. Couldn't believe my luck.

i hope they fix this for the second patch.this was in 08 and 09 too. when AI transfer list a key player who wants to leave, they exactly offer his value when they could easily sell for twice his value.

In my game Real Madrid bought Ronaldo for £80 million and Barcelona signed Ibrahimovich for £40/50 mill plus Eto'o and Hleb on loan

Oh wait.......

Close but no cigar I'm afraid... Hleb's on loan at Stuttgart. :cool:

You're wrong actually.

Villa would join Liverpool if they had an offer accepted by Valencia. And he has said in the past that he would consider joining them because he has friends who are at the club.

In my save real madrid in the second season bought players such as : hargreaves, bale, carvahlo, even james milner. Come on this isn't realistic?

Surely they would be chasing clichy, fabregas, rooney the big players?? Following their spending spree irl this summer

realistic? who is to say whats realistic? just before the arabs took over man city if you would of told thier fans next season robinho will be playing for you, you would of gotten laughed at. that would be considered unrealistic. this is football. anything can happen.

Dunno Valencia are in alot of debt and may need a full back and midfielder more than a wide player who may use more wage money than both of the put together so for the AI it may seem a good deal.

Real Madrid sign ronaldo, benzema, kaka, alonso etc one summer. the next (in my save) they sign james milner, hargreaves, carvahlo and other minor players. To me thats a little stupid. The should be chasing fabregas and other star players

hargreaves and carvalho are not ridiculous.

When fit Hargreaves is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world, and is also very versatile, i could easily see him playing for a side like madrid. he would be a very effective partner for alonso in their current set up.

Carvalho has been one of the best central defenders in the world over the past 5-6 years, yes he is having a bad season to date but it is totally reasonable that he will potentially turn it around. He is a class player and is highly respected - hence why there was interest from inter during the summer.

milner- deffinately far fetched but maybe if he has a good world cup.............

FM09 - Second Season

AI controlled Barcelona sign Lisandro Lopez for a staggering £52.75m!

FM10 - First Season

AI controlled Man City signed 5 Fulham players equaling £46m!

Archived