An absolute joke!

I am arsenal, currently 18th in the league, not because of my bad managemnt.

In the champions league about 4 games in to the season, i played someone, i dont remember who, but fabregas got sent off because of a two footed challenge, because of this i fined him one weeks wages. He, arshavin, song, van persie, clichy, sagna, diaby, almunia, mannone, srna, ramsey, walcott and gallas all said that they were dissipointed in how i handled the situation and thinks i treated fabregas unfairly and was too harsh. Two games later, every single one of them, except clichy, handed in a transfer request. Now becuase i feel they are all very valuable players i rejected all of them. since then i have only won two games and they were against birmingham and sunderland and i am now 27 games in!!

Tried buying new players but now because of my major buy of srna, 19 mill, i have no money left :thdn:

Any help?

start a new game bud, or retire and take over as a new manager. Seems like fining fabregas has killed ur rep with the players. Or you could sell all your unhappy players and start a new team using the youth players and whoever you can afford. I'd imagine you would get quite a lot of money selling the whole 1st team lol

unlucky m8 :(

Technically you are 18th because of your bad management. Fining your captain and star player is a risky thing to do, and because of that decision you find yourself in a bad position. Maybe you should accept their requests, let them go and rebuild the squad.

In game, you're a manager who has just walked into the job at a big club with no managerial experience. The fans are already weary and because a player (the captain of your club, no less) gets a red card, his first under your managerial stewardship, you decide to fine him a weeks wages?

Imagine that entire scenario in real life (which is what the game aims to portray as closely as possible) and you should be able to see where you went wrong and why the players turned against you for such a decision.

For what it's worth though, and somewhat more positively, I have experienced this before. It was with Doncaster Rovers on CM 03/04 and annoying one of my more senior players led to my whole squad being unhappy for a season. Just persevere, take care from now on and try and build the confidence back up. If the board give you enough time, and they seem to have stuck by you so far, then you should be able to turn it around.

I never fine a player for their first red card of the season. It's a sure fire way of ****ing them, and if they are popular amongst the squad, several more players off as well. I always warn them in this situation, but if they get sent off again, then they get a one week fine, and then a two week fine for any additional. You might still anger them, but in my experience, I've found it less likely to rub off on more players that way.

Have to say it is just a case of poor management on the OP's part. Yes, it may seem a little extreme but like others have said; it's the club captain who is obviously very highly regarded throughout the squad, he gets sent off and you instantly fine him without warning. If you'll do that to the club captain, what will you do with the 'lesser' players? A softly-softly approach is more appropriate to begin with, at least until you build up some respect with the squad.

Have to say it is just a case of poor management on the OP's part. Yes, it may seem a little extreme but like others have said; it's the club captain who is obviously very highly regarded throughout the squad, he gets sent off and you instantly fine him without warning. If you'll do that to the club captain, what will you do with the 'lesser' players? A softly-softly approach is more appropriate to begin with, at least until you build up some respect with the squad.

Shouldn't the team captain be setting the example? I woukd have done the same.

I am arsenal, currently 18th in the league, not because of my bad managemnt.

In the champions league about 4 games in to the season, i played someone, i dont remember who, but fabregas got sent off because of a two footed challenge, because of this i fined him one weeks wages. He, arshavin, song, van persie, clichy, sagna, diaby, almunia, mannone, srna, ramsey, walcott and gallas all said that they were dissipointed in how i handled the situation and thinks i treated fabregas unfairly and was too harsh. Two games later, every single one of them, except clichy, handed in a transfer request. Now becuase i feel they are all very valuable players i rejected all of them. since then i have only won two games and they were against birmingham and sunderland and i am now 27 games in!!

Tried buying new players but now because of my major buy of srna, 19 mill, i have no money left :thdn:

Any help?

Honestly? Going ballistic at Fabregas for a red card = Bad Management.

Always treat the center of the team with kid gloves. Cos they get unhappy, everyone gets unhappy. I always go warning/1week/2week with straight reds, but cesc isnt a dirty player so its just one of the those things really, and unless it became a constant problem, i'd let it slide.

Honestly? Going ballistic at Fabregas for a red card = Bad Management.

Always treat the center of the team with kid gloves. Cos they get unhappy, everyone gets unhappy. I always go warning/1week/2week with straight reds, but cesc isnt a dirty player so its just one of the those things really, and unless it became a constant problem, i'd let it slide.

Hardly going ballistic is it? The club captain showed bad example by losing his cool and getting sent off. He fined him a weeks wages for this. I'm sure he didnt shout at him when he told him he was being fined. Its just a way of showing the other players what happens when a player gets sent off whether he is the best player or not. You have to show them who is Boss

Archived