Manchester United Crisis Zone!!

I got this idea from someone who made it for FM 07..

Mission: Win the 'Treble' like in 1999 to prove you have Manchester United back as the best in the world.

The day FIFA got nosey is the day Manchester United got into deep trouble. After Manchester United’s takeover and the Glazers moved in. Manchester United got into a lot of debt but was very cleverly covered up to make it seem not as worse and then Manchester United continued to do what they do best... win.

The 1st June 07 FIFA enquired into Manchester United and order to look at their accounts and financial papers etc... After 2 weeks on the 14th June 06 FIFA released a statement saying:

"After careful enquiring into Manchester United accounts and financial section we have noticed some financial glitches and some anomalies which indicate Manchester United have commit financial fraud. This seems to have come to light around the time after they were taken over by Mr Glazer. We will double check our inquiry and put it forward to the FA."

Later on in that day Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down from Manchester United and took management of his old club Aberdeen but said he “wishes his former club the best for the coming years, whatever the result of this inquiry isâ€. Carlos Quieros also left and said similar words, but he left to no club.

The following day after that statement was released The Glazers had released a quick and short statement saying they were leaving Manchester United and the football club and pulling out of the club and going back to United States. This then caused Manchester United to be in extreme debt and in worse trouble than they originally were.

On the 16th June 07 rumours circulated that FIFA board of executives went to London to have a meeting with the FA regarding Manchester United. After media confirmation the rumours where true and FIFA were reported seen going into the FA headquarters at 10:16am. After hours of waiting at 7:43pm FIFA’s board of executives headed out of the headquarters and are presumed to have gone back to FIFA headquarters.

On the 17th June 07 at 9am the FA held a press conference and released a statement saying:

"After several meetings with FIFA and looking into Manchester United’s accounts and financial papers we have come to the decision that Manchester United are to be ordered to be relegated to Blue Square Premier League as punishment for committing financial fraud to cover up important information about the takeover and in effect putting Manchester United in a extremely poor financial position. The team that will replace Manchester United in the English Premiership will be recently relegated Charlton. The following promotions have been made to even up the leagues; Nottingham Forest into the Coca-Cola Championship, Bradford in to the Coca-Cola League 1, and Oxford into the Coca-Cola League 2. Manchester United will be stricken from European competitions and Tottenham Hotspur will take their place in the Champions League, with Newcastle gaining entry into the European Cup. The Glazers are to be banished from any English Football activities, which include watching any English team etc..."

This then cause a major uproar in the football world and Manchester United fans going what has been described as ‘mental’.

Over the weeks up to the 2nd July major activities have taken place in Manchester United FC. Major players have left leaving only the Manchester United “faithfulâ€. Those are the players that favour Manchester most in their hearts. Some of the players that have gone to the free agency are: Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Edwin van der Sar, Nani, Owen Hargreaves, Patrice Evra, Michael Carrick, Vidic and many more. The Manchester United staff stayed in a promice to help the club.

Players that have stayed are the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Mickhael Silvestre, John O’Shea, Darren Fletcher and others. The players that have stayed said that “there is no way they will be leaving Manchester United and we will fight to get out of the position that we are in.†By this the majority have signed new contracts to keep them at Manchester United, with some up till 2012 with some taking wage cuts also. Many people have praised this support by the remaining Manchester United players but more support was yet to come! 3 days later, on the 23rd of June, Roy Keane sensationally quit Sunderland and came out of retirement to come help Manchester United as player/assistant manager, when Manchester United fans heard, things began to look up...

The next day, Dennis Irwin, also came out of retirement to help out his long favoured club as a Player/Coach, and he was quoted saying “this club is at the centre of my heart, and I will do anything I can to help them.â€

And then the 2 most unbelievable and sensational pieces of news came to light on the 29th and 30th June 07... The headline on the 29th read “Golden balls returns!†delivering the news that David Beckham had turned down fortunes in America, to help out his childhood team. The headline on the 30th was even more sensational, reading ‘The King is back!’ and to the football worlds surprise Eric Cantona has released a statement saying he will come and help Manchester United get out of their position as well as Roy Keane and Irwin and return to the club on and off the pitch. The Manchester United fans were ecstatic and many football fans gob smacked and didn’t know how long they will stay, but are none the less extremely grateful.

With some key players still at Manchester United, some key players gone, 4 past legends returning, same stadium, extreme debt, same reputation, starting a new season in English Conference...

...can you return Manchester United to the top and back as the best team in the world?

Football Manager 2008

Updated for the 8.0.2 package

Originally posted by CalumAlex:

unfortunately, my test run of the database showed that it wont upload...

any suggestions as to why?

Difficult to say without further information. Guess you have to check your edits.

What did you edit/change/add?

i have chacked :s

i edited man u's finance, made fergie leave, and quieros, and rooney, ronaldo and a few others leave too. gave some people new contracts. employed roy keane, dennis irwin, and eric cantona as player/staff, after giving them stats, and moved beckham there also. moved charlton, bradford, oxford and forrest up a division each, and man u to BSP. took man u out of europe, gave spurs thier place and gave euro cup to newcastle. er, i think thats it...

i have no idea as to what the problem could be... icon_frown.gif

I just thought, I had this problem once and the way i tried to sort it out was to make the changes to the editor in stages and save them all with different names. You can try loading each one after you have saved it and see if it works. Then you should be able to work out what the problem is.

Hope this helps and hope you can get this working because it sounds like a good one. icon14.gif

i just tried, and it wont work...

i will try it a third time from scratch tomo if i have the patience, and take your advice and save it regularly so i can see where it seems to go wrong.

thanks for the feed back there icon_smile.gif

i really want to play this game icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I've finished it and it works, played a season on holiday all seems fine, other than Man U still play in community shield.

I just need to find somewhere to upload it, would people prefer the database or a game save. If a game save what leagues and size database ?

http://rapidshare.com/files/108760745/Man_U_Ruin_Large.fm.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/108761476/Man_U_ruin_small.fm.html

Sorry it took so long, I have never uploaded anything and I've been a bit busy at work, but here they are enjoy. If there is any debate about anything, I'm always open to suggestions. I've tried to make Cantona's stats like they would be in real life. I did not see his mental or technical abilities changing that much, but his physical at 42 and he has put on a bit of weight are not great. He did however score 27 goals in the simulated season and was not first choice.

HI there. Just finished my first season and I knew it was going to be easy but I never thought that easy. I managed to resign Vidic, Rooney and Vidic ended up top scorer with over 90 goals mainly from corners though. I scored over 200 goals and only conceded 3 in the league. And was unbeaten throughout the whole season in all competitions so I won everything that was possible to win even the FA Cup beating Man City 3-0 in the final.The only thing was that I had to sell Rio to Real Madrid for £13.5m as paying £4.6m per month in interest was crippling me. Signed a couple of cheap players plus another couple on loan. I'm now about to start the next season and have been giving £25m transfer budget which I have mainly spent on Toni Kroos from Bayern and Felipe from Udinese. Although my chairman accepted bids for Wes Brown, Darren Fletcher and Ben Foster saying they were too good to turn down. So I will let you know how the season pans out.

Guest mikeytwigge

im just reaching the end of january and my chairman has been replaced. i have won every game except the charity shield (lost 2-1) and 1 league game which i drew 0-0. one thing ihave noticed is that the other teams foul you a lot. i have had 20 penalties so far this season in the league 14 more than the nearest other team

Archived