Windfall payment

Hi

What is this windfall payment all about. I've just finished my first season with Leeds being promoted to Championship and with Newcastle winning this I was given a windfall payment of 400K as they went back up and West Brom finsihed 2nd and I was given a second amount of 400K as secon windfall payment.

Not that's I'm knocking it just ddon't understand it

Anyone care to explain???

Hi

What is this windfall payment all about. I've just finished my first season with Leeds being promoted to Championship and with Newcastle winning this I was given a windfall payment of 400K as they went back up and West Brom finsihed 2nd and I was given a second amount of 400K as secon windfall payment.

Not that's I'm knocking it just ddon't understand it

Anyone care to explain???

Teams who are relegated from the premiership get 2 payments as a safety net to help them cope with not getting the revenue generated in the Prem. If they gain promotion straight back into the prem then the 2nd payment is split evenly amongst the other teams in the championship.

Teams who are relegated from the premiership get 2 payments as a safety net to help them cope with not getting the revenue generated in the Prem. If they gain promotion straight back into the prem then the 2nd payment is split evenly amongst the other teams in the championship.

Ah I See i did not know that, Thanks;)

I got it with Luton.. Luton havnt been in the premier league in a while (if ever, I cant remember) and I got a payment?

How come?

When Newcastle went down, a sum of money was put aside to be paid to them at the start of their 1st and 2nd season in the fizzy leagues. As they were promoted straight away, the second payment wasn't paid to them. Instead it was split between ALL championship teams, which included luton? :-p

Archived