Am i the only one...

to enjoy watching a team of dots play good football! i ask this because on another forum someone stated that they do not watch ANY of their teams performances as they can't face seeing little dots.

I seem to enjoy this. Knowing that your tema and tactics can make so many virtual fans happy. I just wonder if im the only one?

to enjoy watching a team of dots play good football! i ask this because on another forum someone stated that they do not watch ANY of their teams performances as they can't face seeing little dots.

I seem to enjoy this. Knowing that your tema and tactics can make so many virtual fans happy. I just wonder if im the only one?

Last night I was practically euphoric over a goal scored by my Nottingham Forest team. It was sublime.

Thing is, it may only be dots, but you can clearly see what it is trying to recreate. You just have to use your imagination a little.

I just thought wonders of the game after a thrilling 3-2 game with chelsea! i just thought the dots out there were sublime! I also read that people want the game in 3d. I don't. At least now you can clearly see the football rather than th crap fifa manager puts on show

i had a great game as liverpool yesterday playing newcastle.

3-1 down at half time. gave the players a rollicking

pennant scores a fluky goal to get it to 3-3 and then torres bursts past 2 defenders rounds the 3 and slams it into the net in the 4th minute of final extra time. \o/ doesn't get better than that icon_biggrin.gif

i was drawing to derby after 84/85 minutes.

In a desperate attempt i throw Voronin on the pitch for a useless Peter Crouch.

Voronin skins three defenders rounds the keeper...

has the whole goal...

messes with the ball for too long and loses it.

Typical eh? realistic though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IbrahimAliMaher:

It was fun but now it's starting to get a bit boring watching one dot brush another dot and then being expected to judge whether there was a foul or not. Some sort of 3D match has to be introduced in the near future surely? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're on about the FA controversy thing you should try reading the commentary... that's what its there for

The only time i actually watch the game in 2d is for my pre season friendlies or if i overhaul my tactics. I will watch a couple of games then revert back to commentary.

If i have a big game ie Johnstones Paint Trophy final icon_razz.gif then maybe i will watch.

I think it dates back to when we didnt have the luxury of 2d and all that good stuff.

I had Fifa Manager 07. I loved it. I then played the demo of FM 08 and realised how great the dots actually are.

Anyone who has played fifa manager will agree that the 3D engine is no where near ready. Also Championship Managers 3D engine is rather pointless.

The 2D engine is great and sometimes i feel the rollercoaster type feelings when watching a game on tele or even at the ground (though this is rare)

I really enjoy the 2D engine As it is clear and easy to understand, and lets you see exacly where you're going wrong

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IbrahimAliMaher:

It was fun but now it's starting to get a bit boring watching one dot brush another dot and then being expected to judge whether there was a foul or not. Some sort of 3D match has to be introduced in the near future surely? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a call for better commentary to give us an idea but 3d match engine is a definate no no, it would ruin the game IMO.

I have played games with 3D players, etc. They are so horribly 80's.

I have played the older versions without dots and they bring nothing to the match days at all.

The dots are awesome. You can have your flashing text and your generation-game-squiggly-men 3D characters (if they were even that decent).

I am happy with my dots and my straightjacket thankyou icon_smile.gif

The three manager games are Football Manager, Championship Manager and Fifa Manager. Game Engines

Fifa Manager: 3D players, very slow, difficult to understand the match flow and the matches are very much based on player ability so the manager picks the team then nothing else matters.

Championship manager: very pointless 3D feature which is no more useful than the dots but is much more useless. PLayers have the tendancy to smack the ball out in the opposition half.

Football Manager: Easy to understand yet complex matches. It is easy to notice mistakes but takes a little more time to realise why they happened (realistic). Also, the tactics that you choose really make an impact on the matches. Team talks (while very undeveloped) do make an impact on team morale.

Which here is the most popular manager game? Football manager, So the two games with 3D match engines fall miles behind FM because SI decide to make the matches realistic rather have a needless 3D edition

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peter-evo:

The three manager games are Football Manager, Championship Manager and Fifa Manager. Game Engines

Fifa Manager: 3D players, very slow, difficult to understand the match flow and the matches are very much based on player ability so the manager picks the team then nothing else matters.

Championship manager: very pointless 3D feature which is no more useful than the dots but is much more useless. PLayers have the tendancy to smack the ball out in the opposition half.

Football Manager: Easy to understand yet complex matches. It is easy to notice mistakes but takes a little more time to realise why they happened (realistic). Also, the tactics that you choose really make an impact on the matches. Team talks (while very undeveloped) do make an impact on team morale.

Which here is the most popular manager game? Football manager, So the two games with 3D match engines fall miles behind FM because SI decide to make the matches realistic rather have a needless 3D edition </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The other two don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the mighty FM.

You're not the only one by any means Peter, I watch every single match on extended highlights as it helps me see who is playing well, who is having a bad game, which areas of the pitch we are having more success in etc.

I love watching the games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebsy:

You're not the only one by any means Peter, I watch every single match on extended highlights as it helps me see who is playing well, who is having a bad game, which areas of the pitch we are having more success in etc.

I love watching the games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Sebsy.

I always feel great having watched my team play great football and beat a team.

Still feel great when my team won because of my tactics.

I enjoy seeing where my team are tactically triumphant over the opposition.

And i finally enjoy watching my Harrogate team play awfukl football and still fluke a last second winner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peter-evo:

If you're on about the FA controversy thing you should try reading the commentary... that's what its there for </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Whenever I get a question from the press whether one incident should have been a penalty or if my player should have been sent off, I watch the incident and see what the commentator says. Then I just give my answer in accordance with what the commentator said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markrae1:

I love watching the free-flowing football played by my Rangers dots! It's always good to see a fast break involving speedy passing ripping an opposition team apart. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love watching my bottom placed conferonce south side Harrogate battle their hearts out. Them little dots refuse to stop running

I love the dots aswell, it's a lot easier to see where you need change things tactically rather then the camera watching the ball like in Fifa manager.

Maybe for 09 the assistant could give advice to what you say in the interview when it comes to controversial decisions.

Just an idea

Archived