Laptop for FM10

So i'm going to get Football Manager 2010 for Christmas, but my Uncle said that i'd need a REALLY good laptop to play it on, even though 09 works on my grans and it has higher specs than 10. Coudl anyone recommend any cheaper, but good laptops which FM10 would work on?

You wouldn't need an overly expensive laptop just for FM, a £300 quid one would do the job fine.

But if you wanted to play games with better graphics, (Crysis etc), Your looking top end stuff £600+

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspiron-11z?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&ref=lthp

Look on this site, for the options on this lappy. The one on the far left certainley won't work because it is a 1.3 GHz processor, and you need at least 2 GHz. The ones on the middle and right may or may not - It is also 1.3GHz but the fact they are dual core may make up for this, effectively giving you 2.6GHz, but this depend on how well FM can utilize it, so your best off waiting for another awnser on that. With the graphics, you will most likely be forced into playing in 2D mode. The RAM is fine in both. The advantages of the far right machine over the middle are more RAM, so programs will run faster, including FM, and a bigger hard drive, meaning you can save more things, such as games, music, videos etc. to your PC.

EDIT: You will also have to use a digital download setrvice as it has no disk drive.

Same as me, actually. I found this: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5082281/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%252C%2BPCs%2Band%2Bphones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7C15701344%7CLaptops%2Band%2Bmini%2Blaptops%7C14419039/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419039%7CLaptops%7C14419040.htm which is a million times better than your link, that was designed for portability, and any lappy designed for portability is most definatly not made for playing games half-decently. It has a dual-core processor at 2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ati radeon 3200 graphics and a 250GB Hard Drive. In comparison to the 400 pound one you bought up earlier, it has a much, much better processor, double the RAM and a graphics card that should run most/all games, albeit on low settings. Don't think thee other graphics card could run anything tbh. The hard drive is still slightly on the small side, but this is the best lappy you are going to get on your budget.

So i'm going to get Football Manager 2010 for Christmas, but my Uncle said that i'd need a REALLY good laptop to play it on, even though 09 works on my grans and it has higher specs than 10. Coudl anyone recommend any cheaper, but good laptops which FM10 would work on?
Maximum £400. Mum is a cheapskate :(

Aren't you 33? ;):D

ive got an acer 5520, and recently bought fm2010, ive had previously had fm2007, 2008 and 2009 and they have all worked fine. Im a little lost when it comes to computers so dont know what is causing the problem im experienceing, but when i am watching the match i prefer to have the classic 2d view and at first it seemed to working fine i set the speed bar quite high and have extended highlights but the game just goes really really slow. Ive tried loads of different things but nothings working, anybody know if my computers up to spec??? please help im tearing my hair out

Archived