Goalkeepers Own Goals

I just had one where the GK got a touch to my players effort but it went in, and was put down as an own goal against the GK, but I would have thought my player should claim the goal (especially as it would have been his first ever for the club).

YES! Other people get it as well :p

Torres had an awesome effort on the volley inside the 18 yard box, keeper could on get a touch as it went in the top corner...

then..

OWN GOAL :confused: Excuse me? This is one of the best goals I have seen on FM! Jeez.

Have had the same, sometimes it's a just a little touch from the keeper and the goal is taken away from my player. Think you should post it in the bugs forum tbh as these sorts of goals wouldn't go down as own goals at all irl, in fact I rarely see a goalie credited with an own goal irl.

Not seen many, but the Juve keeper just scored a spectacular one in my favour.... Gerrard took an inswinging corner, and, with nobody near him, the keeper went for the punch and it sailed into the top corner! :D

Not seen many so far, but the few I have seen (and this goes for all own goals, not just goalkeeper ones) I personally wouldn't categorize them as o.gs

In my experience only 50% of o.gs I see are proper o.gs, the rest are just deflections or whatever. It seems the match engine is keen to put down any sort of weird goal as an o.g... That's something that could be looked at imo...

Archived