BSP Barrow 09/10 season doing surprising well.

I like playing low league teams and as Barrow is my hometown i usually choose them.

In my latest save that i started late on last week things have gone surprisingly well for me though.

I'm playing it so that i don't use the player/staff search options so am relying on scouts and transfer rumours to pick out good players to buy/sign. I know Barrow have more cash in teh bank than in previous seasons mainly due to the FA Cup 3rd round away game at Middlesbrough last season. I'm currently running at 1k over my wage limit so can't sign another player really without getting rid of one first. As very few contracts are finishing soon this may not be easy either but shouldn't be too much of an issue. I've pretty much replaced the entire first team with only a couple of them remaining already. I knew this would lead to abit of a dodgy start while all the players got used to each other and the system/formation.

Even with all the new players i'm currently in 11th place and climbing. I've spent so long worrynig about how many points i'm above the relegation zone that i failed to notice just how close i was to a playoff spot and the top of BSP. I've just started December and have played 22 games but i'm now 16 points above the relegation zone, 5 points off a playoff place and only 12 points from top. I'm currently making a profit for the season of about 75k even with going over the wage limit, which i have to admit is due to a good FA Cup run. This we end however with my next game which is a 3rd round game away to Sunderland. This should again lead to quite a nice income and hopefully set me up for the following season. Hopefully i can get the training facilities improved and have a good transfer budget and a higher wage limit for next season.

All in all i'm surprised with how it's all going and with 12 points from the last 5 games i think it's time to start looking up the league and not down. If i get in a relegation battle now i'm going to be very unhappy.

Not sure if any other BSP managers are having similar experiances as i've read of alot of people struggling in lower leagues?

Neil

Archived