are you "destined" to lose certain games.

after a number of dubious losses.. i had this theory that sometimes, certain teams are meant to win certain games/ties and thes just nothing you can about it.

i had this theory after my carling cup tie with chelsea (im liverpool)

the first leg was at anfield, i decided to play thier exact formation and mirror them like for like. i drew 0-0 after having 2 goals yes 2 goals disallowed. i figured id grab an away goal at stamford bridge, before the 2nd leg torres and camacho and agger somehow became injured... then onto the bridge, i went with the asme tactics, had most of the possesion went 1-0 up then conceeded 2 goals , yes 2 goals in injury time to lose 2-1. i reloaded and tryed again, lost, tryed again, lost, i then went back to my own tactics that ive used all season and lost 4 times, i then made new tactics and lost another 3 times using different players aswell and mixing things up a bit.

i have come to the conclusion that some games u are not meant to win..

i just had the worst experience ever lol i had to win my last game and expect sporting to tie at least .. my game was an easy one, at home against one of the worst teams in the portuguese league, well .. Sporting actually tied 2 2 .. but guess what, i also tied 1 1 so they won the league by 1 point. The following 5 minutes of my life were spent by looking at the screen continuously not knowing where to go from there lol.

i dont suck, i hammer them everytime but cant score a goal as in that particular game the strikers turn into mush and the linesmen kill me everytime i get near the goal. yet, lamps will hit a 40 yarder and will hit the bar, 2 posts then the goalie and go in.

I think there is something in the game that damns your team to a loss very early on. It's been there since the early CM series.

Just had a match that illustrates the point. We had 25 shots, they had 3. We lost 3-0. I could tell from missing a hatful of chances in the first 10 minutes my team would not score all game. I just knew, and I also knew we'd concede any shots hit on the counter.

I think it's done to give the game a few "surprise" results. I used to get quite mad, but I just find it amusing now. It rarely happens in important matches, just in what should be 'run of the mill' matches.

i recommend you upload your game so others could try to win that match to prove either that you are destined to lose or you just suck.

I second this. Every time someone who thinks the game is cheating them lets others play it, the others always find a way very quickly.

Glad to see the OP isn't another frothing at the mouth conspiracy theorist and seems to be genuinely asking a question. If the forum can help, I think it should.

Yeah especially in this thread 30 times relaod, where when the OP finally uploaded the save, it was proven within 30 minutes by multiple posters that the game could be wone on the first go, even with default tactics.

I would say that it is not just the tactics Wee Aja, but that the Op is not fully able to pull the motivational tricks needed.

If you're thinking of posting anything like this, the first thing that should go through your head is 'Why would SI program something like this'. Afterall, they play the game too, do you think they would be happy if certain games are unwinnable?

Chelsea is a really strong team, and are often playing a very powerfull diamond formation... I have i liverpool game going just like you, and i aswell have been strugling, particularly against that side... I get the best results against their 4-1-4-1 trying to confine them with a high defensive line, its a little risky, but they seem to have trouble with it in my game... i Even managed to get a 1-0 win in the league, while being the away team...

So it is possible, but they are not a walk-over!

Archived