the story so far....

Wondering how managers are getting on. If you like me choose to start rock bottom as unemployed and wait for your chance then be interesting to hear your stories.

i started out as unemployed, until october 09 i got the wrexham job. they were sitting 17th in the conference and were expected to be promoted. so got to january , mid-table 15 points from play-offs. cut a long story short i reached the play-offs JUST!. by one point last day of the season. in the playoffs i beat luton to get to the final were i faced oxtford. A 2-2 draw signalled ET. then Pens. amazing i won 14-13 and Promoted.

Season 2.

Still with wrexham , i started out in league 2 expected to finish mid table. first 10 games in october i was 2nd in a auto promotion slot. maintained my good form up untill end of november sitting in 4th a great chance for promotion. suddenly i get offered the DERBY COUNTY job. they were still rock bottom of the championship, 6pts end of november 10pts from safety. i decided to take the challenge. i was sad to leave to be honest and wanted to take wrexham to the premiership within 5yr plan.

at derby came in viewed the squad and its wasnt looking to good. i needed reinforcements only 2m to spend i brought in Jermaine Lens. 1m , striker and also Talyor , leftback from middlesbrough. Cleverely from man u on loan. i gradually started picking up points. Ending the season with 5 defeats in the last 5 games of the season still finishing in 15th.

currently in may 2011 with derby in championship

I haven't got beyond the second transfer window yet. Still experimenting.

Played as:

Man City - 3rd in the league

Liverpool - sacked in Jan (8th place! But said I'd challenge for the title, dumped out of both cups)

Leeds - Champions

Newcastle - sacked November (in 10th place)

Chelsea - got bored around December (1st & 8 points clear)

Leeds - got to 2nd Sept then saved for later.

England - my first experiment with the editor - I retired every single player who'd ever won an England cap to see what I could do with a team of debutants. Lost 3-0 to Holland in a friendly but beat the next two competitive countries. My star player and captain is Luke Young (who, ironically, is retired from international football IRL), with Matt Derbyshire doing well up front and Milner (who hadn't got a cap on the game yet) is a wizard on the wing. After the world cup I'll go back to my Leeds save. Probably.

I haven't got beyond the second transfer window yet. Still experimenting.

Played as:

Man City - 3rd in the league

Liverpool - sacked in Jan (8th place! But said I'd challenge for the title, dumped out of both cups)

Leeds - Champions

Newcastle - sacked November (in 10th place)

Chelsea - got bored around December (1st & 8 points clear)

Leeds - got to 2nd Sept then saved for later.

England - my first experiment with the editor - I retired every single player who'd ever won an England cap to see what I could do with a team of debutants. Lost 3-0 to Holland in a friendly but beat the next two competitive countries. My star player and captain is Luke Young (who, ironically, is retired from international football IRL), with Matt Derbyshire doing well up front and Milner (who hadn't got a cap on the game yet) is a wizard on the wing. After the world cup I'll go back to my Leeds save. Probably.

I'm like you. Still trying to feel around to see what I'm going to get into and what I'm not. Right now, experimenting with a journeyman game. Started as unemployed and got first offer to manage in Norway. I've never played there, so trying it out.

2nd in prem first season with Liverpool, currently 7th after 12 or so games in the second season. Not looking good, but I'm Liverpool after all.

Will absolutely play a journeyman game starting in the Norwegian lower divisions, as soon as someone builds the 3rd division with the editor :-)

Currently in my first season with Bolton, did make a change in the editor to give me some sort of Transfer budget but nothing to drastic, I gave myself £8m and an extra £70k in wages (I don't think thats too much, I know people who've done a lot worse in the past!!!!) - you may say whats the point but I'm only using this game to get a feel for some of the new features - especially the transfer market & Tactics.

Anyway, signed Van Nistelrooy on Loan which I thought was a good deal and I'm being proven right - 15 Goals by January!

Signed Kaladze on Loan for the season and he's a rock at the back with Cahill, sold Muamba to Sunderland for £6.5m so that gave me a bit more cash to play with. Signed Michael Ball & Lauren on free's as cover at Full Back. Signed Javier Portillo for 750k and he's got 5 Goals in 8 Starts + 4 Sub, so thats a decent return in my opinon. Signed Golasa for £350k - Bargain, even though I'm in the process of trying to get him out on loan. I decided I needed cover in the DM region so I signed the player that was that bad they named him twice - yes Djemba-Djemba, and he's not been too bad to be honest, not my first choice in the middle of the park but he's proving to be adequate cover for McCann & Davis. Brought in Zenden on a free to add some craft to the midfield when I need it.

Just in January and I've signed Beckham on a free and made the Kaladze deal permanent as well as the Van Nistelrooy one. I'm a bit over my wage budget due to those and the Beckham signing but I'm not really too fussed about that as I'm currently sitting 4th in the League after 21 games - And the athough the board have mentioned about the wages they are overall delighted with the performance of the team, so I'm happy with everything at the moment.

Trying to offload Cohen, Shittu, O'Brien & Matty Taylor to reduce the wage bill. I've already sold Nicky Hunt to Blackburn and got £3m for him, which i like to think is indicating to the board that I'm trying to reduce the wage bill :)

So all in all, I think I'm doing quite well. Will most likely be starting a career game soon though, as I've enjoyed them on previos versions.

Very impressed with the Game overall, imo the best yet :thup:

Started with Chester (on -25), got relegated first season, straight back up as champions the season after. Back in the BSP I finished 12th, then in my fourth season I got promoted through the play-offs. First season in League Two I finished 19th and I'm in September 6th season at the moment and I'm around mid-table :D love this game

Well i'm in my 3rd season with spurs,won the FA cup first season and finished 4th.Didn't do as good the second season though and finishing in a disappointing 5th (disappointed but still glad i qualified for europa league)

I'm now currently on game 26 (season 3) and sitting 2nd in the league with 2 games in hand over the leader and only 3 points behind,i'm still in europa league aswell (first KO round) also still in the FA cup and reached the final of the league cup,so all in all that's it so far.

Enjoying the game very much.

Started with Bolton, but lack of cash and I gave up after 15 games, even though I was 9th at the time. Then started a NG with a friend, I was Ipswich, made some killer signings and currently PLD11 W7 D3 L1 but we don't play that often (rarely now COD MW2 is out). Then started as Sunderland and got hooked, 10th first season after spending about 20 mil, then spent 60mil at the end of the season (23mil budget, sold 25mil of players, and also have a lot of money 'after x apps' being spent etc), bringing some great players, selling some supposedly great but crap players. Best signings were Ryan Shearman & Jack Rodwell, signed Ryan Shawcross but he is out for 8 months. Got Owen for 1.5mil, Jo for 5mil (listed) and the best signing Luis Jimenez from Inter, listed for 2.8mil. Currently PLD8 W4 D2 L2 in my season and feeling the team gelling and very positive, aiming for 7th and Europe.

FM10 is the best yet imo. (Y)

Archived