What kind of manager are the clubs looking for?

I started unemployed. My first contract was as manager in Ipswich. But after 20 games I got sacked. 10 days later I got a job in Bochum. I have been there in 3 years now, and I have avoid relegation every year. Been around 15 of 18. My winning percent is 20%, but my stats is pretty good. I am playing with a friend, who is Leverkusen. He was in Real Sociedad for some FM weeks ago. He has worse stats than me, but better winning percent.

Why did he got the Leverkusen job, and I´m not?

He got much more job offers than me.

What are the clubs looking for when they shall hire a manager? Winning percent, stats???

Is it much easier to get big jobs if you leave the club before you request a job?

A lot of things can affect your chance of getting another job.

What previous experience did you set when you started the game? If you chose automatic and your friend chose international footballer then he will get offered plenty of jobs but you will struggle for anything other than the lowest jobs.

Also your reputation helps a lot too. If you are consistently winning in a higher league then you will have more chance than if you are loosing/drawing in a lower league.

Other factors are also the reputation at the club you manage and the reputation of the league in which you manage also.

Both start with automatic experience.

1 season: Both got sacked in Coca Cola Championship.

He: Nottingham Forest

Me: Ipswich Town

2. Season: I avoid Bochum from relegation. He promotion to La Liga with Real Sociedad after he has won the Liga Adelante.

He: Real Sociedad

Me: Bochum

3. Seasons: I avoid Bochum from relegation. He relegation back to Liga Adelante and sad said goodbye to his job.

He: Real Sociedad and unemployed

4. Season I was still in Bochum and the board is happy with me. After 2 months unemployed he got a job offer from Leverkusen, which came second in Bundesliga. He has much money etc.

He: Leverkusen

So will I get a very good job if I leave my job in Bochum? Do you got influence if you are a national manager?

I started unemployed. My first contract was as manager in Ipswich. But after 20 games I got sacked. 10 days later I got a job in Bochum. I have been there in 3 years now, and I have avoid relegation every year. Been around 15 of 18. My winning percent is 20%, but my stats is pretty good. I am playing with a friend, who is Leverkusen. He was in Real Sociedad for some FM weeks ago. He has worse stats than me, but better winning percent.

Why did he got the Leverkusen job, and I´m not?

He got much more job offers than me.

What are the clubs looking for when they shall hire a manager? Winning percent, stats???

Is it much easier to get big jobs if you leave the club before you request a job?

If you want the big jobs, then choose your starting reputation as an international footballer.

If you want the big jobs, then choose your starting reputation as an international footballer.

Thats not the point that he's trying to make... He is wondering why his friend got a better job then him even though he has done worse and they both started as automatic reputation in what looks like a network career game

Sounds fun :thup:

Archived