Transfers

your not doing anything wrong. your scout is. i never listen to them, i usually bid the value and if the negotiate go from there, if they say no i bid higher until they start to negotiate, remember if you negoatiate too low and they say no you can just rebid and start negotiating again, clubs will always try and take you for every penny to start with

Scouts base their advice mainly on reputation. Just try negotiating. Things that will affect the buying price:

Rivalries - if you are Man City you will have to pay a lot more for Rooney than, say, Barcelona.

Value of player *to the club* - he may be valued on the game as £2million, but if he is the club's only striker who can score, he'll be harder to pry away. EG, Torres is worth more to Liverpool than he would be worth at Man City. David Villa is probably over-priced on the game, but he's so valuable to his club, he'd be hard to replace even with a £50million bid.

The time of the season - if a club is in a relegation battle in January, it's less likely they'll flog their best defender/striker.

There are other things of course, but prices vary throughout the game, but they will never reflect real life exactly. Just not possible.

I've also found that the league you are in and the team you are trying to buy from's also has a massive impact on the price.

In my Middlesbrough save I tried to buy a right back from WBA and they wanted nearly £9,000,000 for him...they ended up selling him to Hull City for £3,000,000 as they didn't want to sell to a promotion rival.

Archived