Read thread on injuries :S. got me worried lol. Question-About training+rests :)

Hi, i have so far put a player on rest for 1 day say if i see in their fitness column-tired. Whilst thinking i need them off of tired. I tend to have them on a training schedule and thats it. Is it advisable to stop training here + there like putting in a rest either 1-2,3 days a week whatever options there are i cant remember exactly.

I read the injury thread. LOL, injured for 14years HAHAHA, not for that guy i guess. Anyway.

Liked that thread also.

So, whilst i have at the ,moment my squad in what a seems like never ending training schedule. Can i actually leave it like this most times or do i need to think about giving them a rest here+there. Maybe using my own instincts for this also meaning that if [tired] doesnt necessarily pop up in the fitness column.

Bit tired i am, hope i made this post clear enough. Would really like to know what people think of this as i think this will play a big part in my game probably.

Nn

n.b-to prevent any bad injuries xD

Yeah, I found that a bit hard to read, but here's what I do with training that I find successful:

a) Create a 'goalkeeper' , 'defender' , 'wing back' , 'midfielder' , 'winger' & 'striker' schedule. (Making sure that none of these schedules exceed the 'Medium' workload) - I usually have it set a step or two back from 'Hard'.

b) Put each of your players into the corresponding schedules.

c) And this is the important bit - keep an eye on them. If they're beginning to get constant injuries or are tiring in a match early then consider creating a custom schedule specifically for that player.

I only use the 'rest' option when I'm involved in a congested match schedule. Eg. I played a game on Sunday and I have another game on Wednesday. If I don't have the cover to replace players, then I'll use the 'rest' option.

Hope that helps ;)

also get top coaches and physios in, it plays a major part to how accurate everything set to is actually run

Yep :thup:

Eg For a top goalkeeper coach, having a goalkeeping coaching stat of 20 will be useless if he has terrible motivation, determination and adaptability skills etc.

its one of the areas of the game alot of people either 1 dont bother with, or 2 set a schedule and just ignore it, but alot of people complain that they get injuries, their fitness is down etc and blame the game!!

Another tip is to bring in coaches for each particular part of the game, like fitness, tactics, set pieces, shooting and so on and only assign that coach to concertrate on that area rather than a general coach

Another tip is to bring in coaches for each particular part of the game, like fitness, tactics, set pieces, shooting and so on and only assign that coach to concertrate on that area rather than a general coach

Yeah, I pretty much do this. Depending of course on how many coaches the board will allow you to have (my limit is 12) I have one coach solely concentrating on each of the disciplines, plus my assman as a 'general' coach overseeing all disciplines.

The youth squad is the same except instead of having my assman, I have a youth coach (with good overall skills - especially working with youngsters) working as a general coach.

Archived