Moving youth player to reserve squad question?

I just thought. When a youth player is given a full-time contract. is this the time to move them to reserve team.

p.s- what do you think of this tact i thouht up PLUS, how do you go about this as well :)

Thanks for reading. Look forward to reading replies. Bb

@ Golaxi: Actually I have a 17yr old goalie who has signed a full contract and I keep him in the youth squad. He IS able to fully train.

Essentially you have to ask yourself whether your full time youth player will get enough football in the reserve squad (I guess it all depends on the competition and rivalry in there for his position). The worst thing you can do is pop him in the reserves and he gets no games...

Just figured out what you meant by that Golaxi - my bad. Assuming your youth layer is under 19, It is beneficial to offer good enough youth players full contracts so you can train them full time, but it isn't always beneficial to pop them in the reserves/first team if they're not going to get enough games. You don't want them to rot :)

I actually leave my young players in the youths, except if they are good enough for the first team squad (i.e. at least 10 starts a year) as I consider that the reserves to be similar to what they are in real life, a home for those young players too old for the reserves but you couldn't loan out (it has happened to me), first teamers coming back from injury, players who are useless but who have funny names/heads, even worse real life friends and the club legend to old for regular first team but who you want on the staff or might need to dust off in an emergency. The point (eventually) is that the I wouldn't think the reserves to be all that compeditive.

Archived