Long Shots!

Will the next patch fix the stupid amounts of long shots in each game. No matter what i do there's always over 50% of my shots which are long shots.

Ive set each individual position to long shots - rarely, and in game shouts to 'work ball into box' and all other shouts which you would expect to stop this.

I'm getting to a point now where i don't want to play anymore because you mite as well not even bother trying to make tactics or use the in game shouts if the AI just goes over your head and does its own thing! :mad::thdn:

Have this problem with Man City, but a lot of them go in (with the likes of De Rossi and Ribéry launching them in).

But I still don't want to score this many long shots :( I want them to play proper football!

i wouldn't mind if i was actually scoring a few and winning games but im not. Its a joke. Ive not got the players to do long shots. Ive set my tactic every way i can to not do long shots. Even every single player has the setting down to long shots rarely and the in game shouts arent doing anything. If i have 10 shots in a game, 5 or 6 will be long shots. with 3 or 4 being blocked and the rest mostly off target.

Why spend time trying to make tactics and getting your team to play football when as soon as the whistle goes its like your team just does what it wants to do no matter what you try to do to stop it. Its a joke

if you have an attacking midfielder with the attack role on... he will shot on spot, however I had the long shot problem, but to fix it, I just removed the AMC and moved him to a 3rd striker role. I average about 12-20 shots a match and 2-4 long shots coming from the midfield

i looked on that when you set the player and it tells you in the description that he will try long shots if necessary when set to attack. I changed him to support and this took away the text telling me he will try long shots and was replaced with something about looking to spray passes around looking for openings. I think ive done everything i possibly can using player instructions and in game shouts but nothing works. I know there are more bugs which are annoying but this 1 just completely kills the game. You might as well buy somebody else the game and let them play for you because nothing you actually do as regard to tactics matters as soon as the match starts

i looked on that when you set the player and it tells you in the description that he will try long shots if necessary when set to attack. I changed him to support and this took away the text telling me he will try long shots and was replaced with something about looking to spray passes around looking for openings. I think ive done everything i possibly can using player instructions and in game shouts but nothing works. I know there are more bugs which are annoying but this 1 just completely kills the game. You might as well buy somebody else the game and let them play for you because nothing you actually do as regard to tactics matters as soon as the match starts

Its your tactics. I had the same problem,

somehow i dont think it is. It doesnt matter what tactics you use. make your own or use default tactics. they will shoot long nearly every time. If i was telling them to shoot long then fair enough, its my tactics, but im not! im telling them to do the opposite in every way the game will allow me to but they just ignore it and do it anyway

somehow i dont think it is. It doesnt matter what tactics you use. make your own or use default tactics. they will shoot long nearly every time. If i was telling them to shoot long then fair enough, its my tactics, but im not! im telling them to do the opposite in every way the game will allow me to but they just ignore it and do it anyway

I had the same problem its to do with your players decisions and match strategy, and also how your formation matches up against there tactic

well where would you even begin to get around this. i guarantee if i played the same team over and over again, each time with a different tactic, i would still get the same results. Dont get me wrong, im still winning games and back to back promotions but when u look at the stats for every game and you have 20 shots with 12 long, 4 on target, 7 off target, 5 blocked and you only score 1 it gets quite annoying when over 50% of your shots every game are long shots that lead to nothing.

And them numbers were made up so if they dont add up you still get the idea of what im saying

I had this problem for a while but managed to solve it. I have set long shots - rarely, like you've said you tried. As i was playing with AFC Wimbledon I didnt have players with good long shots, but left anyone over 11 for long shots (which is high for them) too shoot often and they seemed to score quite a few. My new tactic has solved the problem but I dont have any great insight into other than playing around with the tacits because it can be solved.

Archived