Skipping Matches

I always play FM as Celtic FC and as such find that you get alot of league games each season which are just not worth playing, I know the team are going to walk over the relegation candidates and have made use of the go on holiday for 1 day to get past it BUT

There always has been (in all the versions of FM i've played) a problem that if you do that then you get all sorts of problems recent ones include, My assistant manager giving a fine to a player who got a red card which has led to him bieng annoyed at me or accepting transfers or making contract offers that I just wouldn't do if I was in full charge

Is there another way to skip matches where they just skip the match and no more and if not what forum is the best place to put this so that they can take it as a suggestion for the next game!

and no-one moaning that I should play all games its boring as sin playing the bottom teams that you beat 29/30 times

I somehow agree with this request, my suggestion is however not to skip the match but maybe another highlight level. On average match I select key with normal speed it still takes takes about 10-15 minutes to go through one match. What about adding there one more level which is maybe called summary and that only shows and comments on goals/injuries/cards/ and maybe very clear cut chances, in other words it should include at most half of what current key mode shows. This may drop game time to 5 minutes for these less important matches.

I like hands-on approach but sometimes I want to focus on big picture and have more important games to go with little time to spend in the evening; this kind of fix would be nice.

The assistant manager is the one that's the problem, find one with lowest stats in 'Level of Discipline' if you want an assistant manager than doesnt warn players.

I'm just guessing tho, cause when i got on a 1 day holiday and som1 gets warned by my assistant (very rare) they ALWAYS accept it, he has 8 points in LoD, meaning he doesnt warn for minor things like yours.

Archived