Pat Rice and his odd team talk

So I'm playing at home in the Champions League to Besiktas. I'm dominating the game, winning 2-0 as expected. Carlos Vela has two goals so far. I ask my assistant to do the half time team talk and this is what he wanted to say:

Howodd.jpg

Pat Rice thinks I should tell my players that I'm "thrilled" to be 2-0 up at home to Besiktas despite that being the expected result of this match. He also thinks I should only be "pleased" with Vela after he grabbed two goals. So he gets less praise then the team, and look at the ratings in comparison.

I don't know, I might just be the only one who finds this team talk odd. What do you think? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

My guess is this may be down to player personalities, Rice probably feels that giving high praise to everyone except your goalscorer will make the team members given high praise want to hear more of the same at full time and so put in the effort required to keep and maybe even extend your lead and telling Vela only pleased might make him more determined to go on and get his hat trick to force Rice into praise that equals that given to his team mates at half time.

Out of curiosity, I checked out the personalities of the team that day:

Adler - Professional

Sagna - Fairly Determined

Clichy - Resolute

Otamendi - Determined

Gallas - Fairly Determined

Song - Fairly Determined

Fabregas - Resilient

Walcott - Resolute

Nasri - Fairly Determined

Vela - Ambitious

Eduardo - Determined

I'm not too sure what to make of it. Might need to post this in the tactics forum and see what response I get.

Archived