Overpriced players?

This is not a rant, I'm loving FM10 and the transfer market is hugely improved. But I'm in my 2nd season and really having to pay lots for players. I'm Sunderland and finished 10th, trying to sign Ryan Shawcross from Stoke (relegated) and they want 10.25mil. Now, this seems a bit too much for me. Wolves wanted 12mil for Stearman, which I managed to negotiate down but I can't help but feel IRL they would take less. Not sure if anyone else agrees or is it just me being stingy? :p

It comes down to how the player is valued to the club. If say, Scunthorpe in the championship had Rooney playing as he was, I doubt they'd ask more than £8+ mil for him, despite his ability.

It isn't about the player themselves, but rather the club they're at and they're value to that club.

i used to find this too however its just that they dont want to sell the player.

i used to whinge and moan untill a mate pointed out i do the same, if chelsea want my defender worth 8 million, ill ask for 30 to either a scare em off or b make big monye...the comps just doing the same

it takes time but unsettling a player definatly helps

Hmmmmmm Ryan shawcross one is a hard one for fm because in real life as you said hes worth alot of money. They say Liverpool cant even afford him when they went fr him in January. Ryan is a very good player who turned my club down before going to stoke(im a tyke and on fm they only get 160,000 to spend even though they spend between 1.5-2 million every year. ). But anyway I'm not surprised that they want big money if hes on a large contract.

Archived