Confusing press conference results

Hello,

I think SI have made a step forward with press conferences this year, particularly with the conferences called when you sign a big player, and there generally seems to be a bigger variety of questions. Although admittedly I was never one of the people calling out for them to be dropped, as I think they can potentially be a big part of the game, just as press conferences are in real life.

However, I think the variety of answers needs to improve, and stupid ones removed. There seems to be no point in having an answer of "No, I think he'll fail miserably" or whatever to the question "Do you think your new striker will do well for your team?". There only ever seems to be 2 proper answers you can give for each question.

Another point, which is what this topic is about, is confusing results for the answers you give. I just signed Edin Dzeko with Arsenal, and was posed the question "Will this signing see you change the tactics you employ?" I play a 4-3-3 and wanted a big target man to play in the center, which is why I went for him, so I chose "I think Edin can slot into our existing setup quite easily", which I think is a perfectly understandable response, given that I specifically picked him to fit into my system.

However, instead "it seems likely that Edin Dzeko may be unhappy about Clark's negative words". I don't know what objections any player would have being told that they should fit into the squad perfectly, or why my words are deemed negative. Anyone know why?

Archived