Champs League Qtr Final - players away on non-existing FRIENDLY international duty?!?

Wednesday 27 Mar: Liverpool vs Arsenal, Champions League Quarter Final.

Insua, Lucas, Mascherano + newly purchased Cristian Ansaldi are all away on international duty (Brazil & Argentina). Brazil are playing a friendly saturday 30 March, AND ARGENTINA DON'T EVEN HAVE A GAME UNTIL JUNE 2nd !!!!

I checked my news, there are no news item about them being callep up giving me a chance to withdraw them to be found amongst the news items dating back to 9 Mar.

There was however an item for a player called up to Mexico U20s to play on 27 Mar, news item dated 22 Mar. Also an item dated 15 Mar about eight other players called up to a match on 20 Mar. This would seem to indicate that the item for the friendlies in question (the Brazil one anyway, since the other doesnt even exist) should still have been in the newsfeed if it ever had appeared (I know 100% I havent deleted it), since that gamedate is a later date.....?

-giventofly.

I meant in real life. I was sympathising with you.

Ah, okay.. :)

I see now that Brazil in fact didnt have a friendly either, so what happened was ALL the players were called up without any games scheduled.

Luckily I still drew 3-3 at the Emirates, so all is not lost..............

And I might have put this in the wrong forum, seeing how its probably a major bug when Brazil didnt have a friendly game after all...

-gtf.

Had exactly the same thing the other day...Ochoa, Di Maria and Fazio were all 'on international duty' for the 1st leg of a Champions League Quarter Final against Atletico Madrid, which luckily I still won 2-0. However, when I clicked on their countries before I played my match, there was no match scheduled till June, and I also got no news about the call-ups beforehand. Definite bug here, it's happened to me in 2 different seasons now. It's bad enough them being away for such an importany game if there was an actual match scheduled, but for a non-existent game is ridiculous.

Archived