[FM10] Worcester Park - The rise from obscurity

alex reid

Worcester Park FC

wpfc.jpg

Worcester Park Football Club is a football club that plays their games at Skinners Field, in Worcester Park in the London Borough of Sutton, England. Established in 1921, the club was among the founding members of the Surrey County Premier League in 1982. The club currently plays its football in the Combined Counties League Division One.

According to football manager they have never won anything, reaching the final of the Combined Counties Premier Cup in 2009, but I'm pretty sure they have won something. Skinners Field has a capacity of 750, with basic training and minimal youth facilities.

The club is valued at £30k, has £4,675 in the bank with a transfer and wage budget of £0!

Version:10.1

Database:default with Super Bladesman’s English National League System Update

Changes to database:nickname changed to The Skinners, Stadium changed from Green Lane to Skinners Field, added logo and changed the kits.

Another thread i'll be interested in seeing how it pans out along with johpmilton's. I've always wanted to play down in the lower depths of the football pyramid on FM, namely with my local side, Long Eaton United but i've not bought FM10 yet as i'll be waiting for the patches. I'll be interested in seeing how Super Bladesman's extended version db works as, depending on whether or not I get FM10, i'll probably be using myself...if Super Bladesman doesn't mind of course! :D

Good luck with this :thup: Is there any reason you chose Worcester Park?

same i've always wanted to manage a lower league team, especially worcester park. i wasn't actually going to get this one until i found out about the download. There my local team, I only live 2 minutes round the corner and I played for them for a few years at youth level.

• 1 month later...

Worcester Park FC - Combined Counties Division One (Level 10) - 2009/10

Objectives: Top half finish, maybe a push for a play off spot

Board: Safe mid table finish

Media Prediction: 21st (That might be becuase of my starting off league position in 21st?)

Odds: 5000-1 (Same as media prediction?)

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £0

League Table

The League couldn't have gone much better, winning it at the first time of asking. We started off the season around mid-table/top half until about half way when the team started gelling and moved up the table. We finished off on a 11 match unbeaten run to secure the title.

FA Vase - knocked out in the first round to another level 10 team.

Combined Counties Premier Cup - won in the first round against a mid table side, then losing to the eventual winners of the Combined Counties Premier Division (Level 9)

Combined Counties D1 Cup - Lost in the first round to a mid table side

Transfers - Very busy season in the transfer market, signing 15 players before the season started. However, after a while it was nearly impossible to keep hold of players who had a bid made for them, because being amatuer any team could offer them a contract.

Squad - Quite a young squad, lost most of my key players near end of season because I couldn't offer proper contracts to.

Finances - Made a tiny Profit!

Career Overview

Season       League                                    Position     Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10      Combined Counties Division One            1st          Champions - Promoted

Next Season:

My main aim will be to survive, but my team is hopefully good enough to reach around mid-table

Archived